PDA

View Full Version : Random FPS problems while playing.

Pages : [1] 2

Albo
06-23-11, 11:10 AM
I am getting FPS drops every 5 minutes or so in: TF2, CSS, and BF:BC2. (Those are the only games I've played so far, and all 3 have the problem. From like 130 that it is in CSS, it drops to 15 fps every 5 minutes. But it happens each time, doesn't matter where. I could be staring at a wall for a while, and it happens.

Any help? It's pretty obvious that the CPU goes to 100% usage at those times, but any help pinpointing what that could be.

Roadhog
06-23-11, 11:12 AM
ask the SS

Albo
06-23-11, 11:19 AM
ask the SS

very good joke

t3hl33td4rg0n
06-23-11, 09:22 PM
anti-virus?

Bearclaw
06-23-11, 10:17 PM
Maybe the CPU has a TDE corp issue? Max out the CTC kernel to the alliant pipes and you'll be good.

bob saget
06-23-11, 10:28 PM
Max out the CTC kernel to the alliant pipes and you'll be good.

I lol'ed. very good one. Also roadhog. :rofl :rofl

bob saget
06-23-11, 10:29 PM
Albo, try a sp game, maybe connection problem?

Albo
06-26-11, 08:44 PM
I could really use some help. I'm not sure what to do. I thought it stopped, and it did. But it came back?

Greedo
06-26-11, 08:51 PM
came back?

Albo
06-26-11, 09:16 PM
Yea. As soon as it happens, in like CSS, I looked in the CPU and it said CPU usage 50% one time, and 56% another time. Then it drops to 9%, but the drop is still there in the game.

bob saget
06-26-11, 10:24 PM
does css bsod at all?

Albo
06-26-11, 11:10 PM
does css bsod at all?

no, never. no games do

bob saget
06-26-11, 11:28 PM
no, never. no games do

ok. i used to get crazy amount of bsod with css on another computer. has to do with ram instability. wondered if you had similar issue...

Albo
07-01-11, 01:38 PM
Albo, try a sp game, maybe connection problem?

Playing Medal of Honor single player, and its still occuring.

I keep closing apps, and nothing. Kaspersky isn't the issue, other apps aren't. I don't know what to do.

Bearclaw
07-01-11, 01:44 PM
Anytime I had issues it was ALWAYS Anti-virus. Why I don't use one. :lol:

ViN86
07-01-11, 02:09 PM
Have you considered using 3 cores instead of 4? Maybe there's a reason why the CPU was marked as a tri core and not a quad core. ;)

Redeemed
07-01-11, 02:12 PM
Anytime I had issues it was ALWAYS Anti-virus. Why I don't use one. :lol:

Had a client bring their laptop in yesterday, irate because they had just purchased it and a crap ton of accessories (warranty, tech support, AV, etc) and it couldn't get online wirelessly. It'd connect, but wouldn't allow him to browse the web.

Well, I go through the normal routine of making sure the wireless adapter is on, checking their network settings, etc. Everything seemed right.

Disabled KAV, and it worked fine. Uninstalled KAV, still worked. So I re-installed KAV and they were fine.

Yeah, AV can cause a lot of problems some times. Sadly, for the general public, it is a necessary evil.

ViN86
07-01-11, 02:13 PM
I don't know why people spend so much money on 3rd party AV when MSE is free...

DiscipleDOC
07-01-11, 02:29 PM

Albo
07-01-11, 08:26 PM
I opened up the case, looked at the GPU, and noticed a few blown Capacitors. I have a lifetime warranty with XFX, will that cover this? Meaning I can RMA and get a new card? I've had this since like Thanksgiving of 08 or sometime around them.

Bearclaw
07-01-11, 08:27 PM
WOW. :lol:

Not sure on the warranty exactly but it should cover it.

Bearclaw
07-01-11, 08:28 PM
Had a client bring their laptop in yesterday, irate because they had just purchased it and a crap ton of accessories (warranty, tech support, AV, etc) and it couldn't get online wirelessly. It'd connect, but wouldn't allow him to browse the web.

Well, I go through the normal routine of making sure the wireless adapter is on, checking their network settings, etc. Everything seemed right.

Disabled KAV, and it worked fine. Uninstalled KAV, still worked. So I re-installed KAV and they were fine.

Yeah, AV can cause a lot of problems some times. Sadly, for the general public, it is a necessary evil.

Eh, I have MSE but that's it. Before that I didn't use one. Haven't had a virus since I started building my own computers.

Muppet
07-01-11, 09:17 PM

It is all I use.

Redeemed
07-01-11, 11:00 PM
I opened up the case, looked at the GPU, and noticed a few blown Capacitors. I have a lifetime warranty with XFX, will that cover this? Meaning I can RMA and get a new card? I've had this since like Thanksgiving of 08 or sometime around them.

Oh my. :lol:

If XFX doesn't cover it, this will be a great opportunity for a new card. :D

Eh, I have MSE but that's it. Before that I didn't use one. Haven't had a virus since I started building my own computers.

I'm actually running Norton 360, but only because I get it free due to my last job. I'll continue to use it untill they no longer let me partake in the program. After that, I'll likely switch to KAV because I get that free through my present job. :lol:

Otherwise, I'd just rock MSE myself. :)

Fuku2
07-02-11, 06:49 PM
What is this? A Moderators party?