PDA

View Full Version : micro usb V.S. mini usb

rage10
06-23-11, 06:14 PM
so who else has notesed this trend latly have abandoned using mini usb for a smaller jack. any reason for this that anyoje can think of? maby just to make thiner devices.

|MaguS|
06-23-11, 06:36 PM
so who else has notesed this trend latly have abandoned using mini usb for a smaller jack. any reason for this that anyoje can think of? maby just to make thiner devices.

The makers of mobile devices have agreed to make micro usb the standard.

Q
06-23-11, 06:38 PM
Micro-usb has become the unofficial (and in some cases official) cell phone charger in the last year or so. Made my life easier.

Runningman
06-23-11, 10:44 PM
Micro-usb has become the unofficial (and in some cases official) cell phone charger in the last year or so. Made my life easier.

Didn't the EU push this on cell phone makers?

DiscipleDOC
06-24-11, 09:36 AM
Didn't the EU push this on cell phone makers?

If they did, they didn't listen at first. LG/Samsung/Motorolla/and a few others were using proprietary chords to charge their phones.:thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
06-24-11, 11:06 AM
Would preffer mini usb. Same cable as digital camera. This way I would only have to carry one cable instead of two

|MaguS|
06-24-11, 11:37 AM
If they did, they didn't listen at first. LG/Samsung/Motorolla/and a few others were using proprietary chords to charge their phones.:thumbdwn:

Phones are in development for awhile they wont scrap a whole design just to meet spec, they would wait for newly developed models.

We still sell phones that don't support micro usb because they are just older handsets.

Oh and btw its not mandated by any government agency.

Dazz
06-24-11, 12:16 PM
Besides the ruling for microUSB is only came into effect this year anyway. I perfer micro USB, it provides the same performance and spec as mini but in a smaller format what is there not to like about it?

crainger
06-24-11, 05:09 PM
They should all use Apple iPhones gapping hole of a port.

Actually it's not that bad. I can GPS, play music and charge my phone in my car without ever having to buy a separate cable.