PDA

View Full Version : 5900 overclocking and modding

serAph
08-12-03, 11:00 PM
Anyone have any interesting information or stories on overclocking or modding a 5900?

I personally have one: I got a new case and before I put everything in it, I removed the heatsinks from my 5900, cleaned off residue with some paint thinner, then applied the Nanotherm Silver XTC (performs better than AS3) to the GPU and put it between the memory and those odd heatpad thingies that are on it (I have the reference cooler) and before, my GPU wasnt stable past 470 or so, and it runs great @ 500.

My memory overclocks havent changed noticably. I want to find a better way to cool my memory than those head pad thingies - i dont think I trust them...

my rig pics are in my sig btw

ricercar
08-12-03, 11:07 PM
You may want to consider active cooling for the RAMs on the rear of the card. I put a fan on the rear side of each of my NV30 cards, but NV30 uses DDR2, and your NV35 uses DDR(1) which doesn't run as hot.

serAph
08-12-03, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ricercar
You may want to consider active cooling for the RAMs on the rear of the card. I put a fan on the rear side of each of my NV30 cards, but NV30 uses DDR2, and your NV35 uses DDR(1) which doesn't run as hot.

check out my rig pics - i basically do have active vga cooling from my case