PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with projector

JDub
06-29-11, 11:43 AM
Hey all we have Dell E6410's at work which use the Nvidia NVS 3100M for graphics duties. Let me get this out of the way: I haven't tested using another E6410 yet but I know others have used this projector before without issue.

Anyways the trouble is my boss wants to use his laptop in clone mode so he can use his laptop normally and people can see on the wall what he's up to in meetings. The problem is when it clone mode it works, but the image projected on the wall is scaled down. Imagine the wall image is the full 10x10 feet or whatever but the laptops output only takes up like 6x6 with a black border around it all. The output on the wall looks jaggy too like a jpg that's been scalled down poorly. I've gone through all the projectors options and it doesnt have any options to scale or alter picture shape, I really don't think the projector is to blame here.

When using multiple display mode things look fine the problem with that is that my boss doesnt want to have to move documents to the second screen where he cant see them as well. When he gets out of his meeting I'm going to ugrade his drivers as they are probably out of date but other than that I can't imagine whats going on here. I've fiddled with nview quiet a bit without success. Anyone have any ideas?

wwec
06-29-11, 11:49 AM
Find out the projector's native resolution and set the laptop to that - you may well lose resolution or even have left/right borders (if laptop is widescreen and projector isn't), but clone should then fill the wall.

JDub
06-29-11, 11:57 AM
Find out the projector's native resolution and set the laptop to that - you may well lose resolution or even have left/right borders (if laptop is widescreen and projector isn't), but clone should then fill the wall.

the trouble is the projectors native resolution isnt an option because of the laptops native 1440x900. I believe the projectors native res is 1024x768 but ive seen it handle 1440x900 and higher just fine.

wwec
06-29-11, 01:30 PM
Clone won't work (properly) when both displays don't have at least identical aspect ratios - hence you'd have to sacrifice losing left/right screen estate on the laptop to make the projector fill the wall.