PDA

View Full Version : Steam Summer Sale - 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Albo
06-30-11, 11:57 AM
Its about to start. If you want to combine this with the Hot Game Deals thread, please do so.

A lot of packs are on sale.

Assassin's Creed - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8680/?snr=1_4_4__106_1

Rockstart Collection - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8690/

THQ - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8668/

Valve Complete - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/

Need for Speed - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8667/

|MaguS|
06-30-11, 12:06 PM
god damit

bacon12
06-30-11, 12:08 PM
LOL. I will buy more games I won't ever finish. :(

Albo
06-30-11, 12:12 PM
Here for the complete list:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/stores.php

bob saget
06-30-11, 12:16 PM
havent played any ass creed games ever. which is the most polished one?

|MaguS|
06-30-11, 12:17 PM
havent played any ass creed games ever. which is the most polished one?

The Second and Brotherhood.

mojoman0
06-30-11, 12:17 PM
Ass Creed 1 sucked bawls, I heard 2 is much better but Im still burnt out from the first

bob saget
06-30-11, 12:23 PM
yea i'll pick up either the second or brotherhood.

Hogrider
06-30-11, 12:28 PM
Bob you are the original Ass Creed.

|MaguS|
06-30-11, 12:32 PM
Wonder if this wale will propel me above 600. :o

Ninjaman09
06-30-11, 12:35 PM
ARG I can't afford this crap but I want it. Witcher 2 for $35 bucks...URG

ViN86
06-30-11, 12:49 PM
DAMNIT I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR THIS BUT I CAN'T RESIST.

Stickied. :mad:

Redeemed
06-30-11, 12:59 PM
:lol: @ all the comments about not having the money for this.

Just a simple observation- if you're better off not spending the money, then don't spend it. if you've the $50 or whatever to spare and see something you like- then grab it. Rather simple.

Me, I much more value seeing the money add up in my savings, than seeing my Steam Game's list grow. So for me the decision is easy. :lol: :D

Albo
06-30-11, 01:03 PM
I don't have much money to spend on this.

The only games that I'm really interested in are Portal 2, and Medal Of Honor. I'm hoping Portal 2 will become a daily deal (if there are such things.. the front page still hasn't updated. Begs the question) I might buy Medal of Honor tonight, or maybe at the end of the sale, waiting for a daily deal as well.

Other than that, I don't want to waste money like I did last Christmas sale. I bought so many games that I still haven't played yet. COMPLETE waste of money. Hoping not to repeat that mistake.

Redeemed
06-30-11, 01:10 PM
I don't have much money to spend on this.

The only games that I'm really interested in are Portal 2, and Medal Of Honor. I'm hoping Portal 2 will become a daily deal (if there are such things.. the front page still hasn't updated. Begs the question) I might buy Medal of Honor tonight, or maybe at the end of the sale, waiting for a daily deal as well.

Other than that, I don't want to waste money like I did last Christmas sale. I bought so many games that I still haven't played yet. COMPLETE waste of money. Hoping not to repeat that mistake.

So don't. :)

Not trying to derail... but I'm also kinda' pointing out a major problem with society- likely American society, but society none the less. Prioritizing our "wants" over a solid savings. If you've the money- buy it, right now, don't think twice. If not, let those greenbacks pile up in that piggy bank.

I'm doing the later. Made easier cause games don't interest me as much, but also I understand the importance of a solid savings. Someday I hope to have enough in my savings to be able to go 6+ months without work and not have to worry. Quite a ways from that but it's a work in progress. :)

However, most folk seem to think it's okay to just throw it on the CC or spend that small remainder of that paycheck, instead of keeping money in the bank and *not* using that CC. :lol:

If I were you, Albo, I'd develop a solid savings now while you're young and expenses are near non-existant for you. @ $10/hr, $50 and $30 you're money disappears *very* quickly. Likewise, it can add up in a savings very quickly as well. You'll be doing yourself a monumental favor by saving much more than you spend. :)

Albo
06-30-11, 01:11 PM
ITS UP!

Buying Medal of Honor.

Redeemed
06-30-11, 01:16 PM
ITS UP!

Buying Medal of Honor.

:rofl

Well... I tried. :D :lol:

Albo
06-30-11, 01:18 PM
:rofl

Well... I tried. :D :lol:

:lol:

I understand what you're saying. I have enough money to buy the 2 games I want. I want to buy TDU2, but I doubt I will play it as much, so I will not.

Redeemed
06-30-11, 01:24 PM

I understand what you're saying. I have enough money to buy the 2 games I want. I want to buy TDU2, but I doubt I will play it as much, so I will not.

Awesome. :) Yeah, if you've got the money and value the item, buy it. Just make certain you're prioritizing having a solid savings.

I just think back- my first job at Staples 3 of the 4 1/2 years I worked there I lived at my parent's and they didn't charge me rent. I was pulling in around $16k a year with my only expenses being maintaining my car. After my whole 4 1/2 years there I easily could have had at least $30k sitting in the bank. Easily.

Instead I blew it on high-end gaming parts, high-end audio equipment, etc. Had a bomb audio setup that I'm still proud of and miss to this day. However, I'm more dissappointed that I didn't develop a fat savings account. Now I make more money but I've also much more expenses thus saving is rather difficult. I'm committed though. :)

Most here are rocking pretty well-paying jobs so my comments likely don't apply to many here. I was just kinda' stating to simply state. Having a beasty savings is more important than having the items you want. Paying cash/debit is always better than paying credit and living off of credit. :)

Ninjaman09
06-30-11, 01:26 PM
:lol: @ all the comments about not having the money for this.

Just a simple observation- if you're better off not spending the money, then don't spend it. if you've the $50 or whatever to spare and see something you like- then grab it. Rather simple.

Me, I much more value seeing the money add up in my savings, than seeing my Steam Game's list grow. So for me the decision is easy. :lol: :D

Spending money we don't have is the American way you communist.

Redeemed
06-30-11, 01:29 PM

Well if doing my part to be fiscally conservative is communist, color me Bob Saget. :p

bob saget
06-30-11, 01:50 PM
Redeemed, these fools are promoting the capitalist ideal. let them. muahahahah. All the while, the serfs are getting stronger and stronger.

|MaguS|
06-30-11, 01:52 PM
/emails Gabe Newell his bank checking and routing account numbers.

bob saget
06-30-11, 01:54 PM
/emails Gabe Newell his bank checking and routing account numbers.

you could have just asked me. i just sent your info to bigman, I dont mind sending to gabe as well :bleh:

ViN86
06-30-11, 02:31 PM

^

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/9/1ddbe90d-a12d-49ca-995a-293767e8c3e9.jpg