PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2 Screenies..

styles-T
08-13-03, 03:41 PM
Game Looks really good..Check out the SS's..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/maxpayne2/preview_6073326.html
:D

adv1
08-13-03, 06:05 PM
Yeah, just seen some screenshots, looks awesome :)

silence
08-13-03, 06:22 PM
WOW....:D ...thnx....

i really enjoyed playing Max Payne, that was one of rare games i enjoyed playing again and again....can't wait to run this in my comp....story of Max Payne was one of bast game stories and it really made my gaming experience memorable.....

on the side note:::: by the time Doom III finally hits the shelves it will lose alot of it's WOW factor, just looking at screens from HL2, STALKER and Max Payne 2 makes my jaw drop.....Doom III is being pushed down my "I_MUST_GET_THAT_GAME" list every day now....add Deus Ex2 and Homeworld 2 also:)

adv1
08-13-03, 06:47 PM
BTW, the screens I saw were at GameSpy:

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/august03/maxpayne2pc/screenshots.shtml

Are they any different to the Gamespot ones (which won't load for me at the moment)?

Hankman
08-13-03, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by adv1

Are they any different to the Gamespot ones (which won't load for me at the moment)?
Both sites seem have 2 "exclusive" shots, that the other site hasn't.
Looks awesome, yeah. I'd like to see some facial animation vids.

Edit: IGN also has their preview up, and seems like they got 2 exlusive shots of their own too.

styles-T
08-14-03, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by silence
WOW....:D ...thnx....

i really enjoyed playing Max Payne, that was one of rare games i enjoyed playing again and again....can't wait to run this in my comp....story of Max Payne was one of bast game stories and it really made my gaming experience memorable.....

on the side note:::: by the time Doom III finally hits the shelves it will lose alot of it's WOW factor, just looking at screens from HL2, STALKER and Max Payne 2 makes my jaw drop.....Doom III is being pushed down my "I_MUST_GET_THAT_GAME" list every day now....add Deus Ex2 and Homeworld 2 also:)

Your not kidding...But its going to be a hell of a year for Video games..Cant wait..

silence
08-14-03, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by styles-T
Your not kidding...But its going to be a hell of a year for Video games..Cant wait..

yes...yes......can't wait.....:jumping:

JonathanM
08-19-03, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Max Payne 2. Any details on when they're planning on shipping the game besides 2004?

***CENSORED***
08-19-03, 03:54 PM
I heard of a Nov. 2003 release date...

Hankman
08-19-03, 04:23 PM
2003 release date is confirmed, month is still unknown.
Why do people think it's a 2004 title?

stncttr908
08-20-03, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Hankman
2003 release date is confirmed, month is still unknown.
Why do people think it's a 2004 title? They're basing it on the original's rather "lengthy" development. :D

NAZCA M12
08-20-03, 06:15 PM
BTW, let's just hope it's not going to be as "lengthy" as the first one.

styles-T
08-20-03, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by NAZCA M12
BTW, let's just hope it's not going to be as "lengthy" as the first one.

first one wasnt that bad..I enjoyed it..beginning to end..:cool:

stncttr908
08-20-03, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by styles-T
first one wasnt that bad..I enjoyed it..beginning to end..:cool: We mean the development. They claimed it was 4 years in the making, which translates into about 2.5 hours of gameplay per year. That's just not cutting it.

styles-T
08-21-03, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
We mean the development. They claimed it was 4 years in the making, which translates into about 2.5 hours of gameplay per year. That's just not cutting it.

gotchya :(

NAZCA M12
08-21-03, 07:53 PM
I enjoyed Max Payne too. It's just weird that devs mention that a "much too long" game might force some people to stop playing it and thus never finish it. Overall, i think a great game's a great game and you'll never get tired of it no matter how long it is as long as it has a good story to tell. The only exception to that rule was probably Half Life which couldn't persuade me to keep playing it at the beginning, and Deus Ex which became a bit tiring at the final levels. F
rom what i've read about Max Payne 2 though, it's going to be very short (like the first one) and if we consider that the trend nowadays regarding sequels in particular is to have a shorter duration than the first game, i suspect it's going to be ridiculously short.

zoolap
08-22-03, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by NAZCA M12
...The only exception to that rule was probably Half Life which couldn't persuade me to keep playing it at the beginning, ...

:eek: :confused:

Half-Life was one of the few FPS/TPS that actually kept me going with it's storyline. Of course the action/gameply was good enough to match.

The Baron
08-22-03, 10:31 AM
Well, Xen did get annoying in HL.

Kev Payne
08-22-03, 12:07 PM
Max Payne was a blast, I beat both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. I cannot wit for 2 to arrive.