PDA

View Full Version : Is Nv40 Out This Year Or Is It Worth Buying 256mb 5900 Ultra?


seizetheday4eva
08-14-03, 08:03 AM
I've been thinking off buying a new Geforce FX 256mb 5900 Ultra however i'm not sure if its the right thing to do or not? As there are NO DX9 games out yet and who knows when the hell Half Life 2 is coming out now! So if the NV40 will be out to buy this year then I just might wait and buy it instead so does anyone know for SURE?

Please?

Paul
08-14-03, 09:54 AM
It depends on what card you've got now, obviously.

The NV40 should at the very least debut this year, even if it doesn't reach stores. If you've got a GF4 or over, i'd be tempted to wait. If you've got less than that... Perhaps.

Or you could go for one of the mid-range chips (5600 or 9600) to tide you over until the NV40 is available at a reasonable price.

Shaitan
08-14-03, 11:58 AM
I have a 5900 Ultra Golden Sample. But if I were you I would wait.

Hanners
08-14-03, 12:32 PM
NV40 might be available in very limited quantities for the end of this year if you're lucky.

But, seeing as you live in the UK, we most likely won't be seeing cards until next year.

stncttr908
08-14-03, 01:25 PM
As mentioned above, it really depends on what you're using right now. If you have something relatively new (GF3 line or newer) I'd say wait on it a bit, at least until prices come down from their astronimical heights they're at now.

GlowStick
08-14-03, 02:17 PM
definatly, i woudlnt bother upgradeing if you have a geforce 3 or higher, there is no point.

then again, if doom3 suddenly comes out (witch most people feel it wont come out till next year) maybe you could consider upgradeing. but unless you bought some game that is a killer then i dont feel anyone would need to upgrade just yet.

Rogozhin
08-14-03, 05:15 PM
there is absolutely no way I could play my games on a geforce 3-it's all relative to the purchaser and his/her experience-.

If you've seen your games running faster with higher IQ and you can't stand how your games look on your own rig then upgrade-but if you are content-wait .

rogo