PDA

View Full Version : Custom Colour Settings problem

adv1
08-14-03, 01:12 PM
Apologies if this problem has been solved before:

I have a Geforce 3 and my screen is always far too dark on default settings, so with previous drivers I have used a custom colour setting in the Geforce Properties to increase the brightness.

Since installing 45.23, I can apply this saved setting and the screen brightens, but as soon as I run a game (for example UT2003), not only does the game ignore the settings, but when the game exits to desktop it's dark again too.

I've searched around various forums but can't seem to find the answer to this problem, thanks for any help you can give :)

adv1
08-15-03, 10:21 AM
OK, I just tried rolling back to my previous driver, 44.65, and the custom colour settings worked fine.

So I reinstalled 45.23 again, but then the problem is back again, as soon as I launch a game the settings go back to default.

Has anyone else had this problem with 45.23? I'll have to stick with 44.65 unless someone knows a solution to this.

jnd3
08-15-03, 10:26 AM
I haven't tried much in the way of gaming since installing the 45.23 set with the GF4Ti, but my wife played Syberia for a couple hours last night. We bumped up the digital vibrance and kicked the gamma up to 1.4 in the control panel. Those settings worked fine in the game. (Is that even what you're asking about? I've got cruddy Intel graphics here at works, so I can't check the control panel...)

And I'm one of the four people on the planet that doesn't own UT2003, so I can't help you with that one! :p

You did do a complete uninstall of the old drivers before installing the new ones, right? :)

Cheers,
JND