PDA

View Full Version : Aero 7+ owners...

Dark Jedi
08-14-03, 01:44 PM
I'm in the market for a new cooler and had my eyes on this particular cooler.

Now, I'm looking for advice. How well does this cooler perform (it'll be cooling my non OC'd Barton 2500+), and how loud is it at its highest speed setting?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

logicboy
08-20-03, 06:38 PM
I would have to say from experience this is a good cooler...all copper which tranfers heat away from the core good... if you run the fan at normal speed is good, however, if you oc the cpu then ur'll need to speed up the fan which will be noizy... if cooling is essential..then this is a good oc'ing hsf

hope this helps

|JuiceZ|
08-20-03, 09:39 PM
To reinterate the comments logicboy made, I'm currently running this hsf on an o'c proc and it does perf very well. Depending upon the quanity/quality of other fans currently in yer case though you may/may not be able to hear the blower at its highest setting, above them. Tolerable sound lvl's of course vary from ear-to-ear, think you'd like it though just make sure you check the dimensions around the socket on yer mb b4 snagging one. Also they're a tad bit heavy but thats due to the large pure copper heatsink.

Anyways it'll hold me off until it's replaced w/ a copper waterblock :D

Dark Jedi
08-21-03, 07:53 AM
Cheers for the info guys. I've got 7 Thermaltake fans running in my Xaser III, so noise really shouldn't be a factor. It has to be quieter than the Volcano 7+ I used before my current cooler... mmm, I think I'll snap one of these up. Maybe even experiment in a little overclocking.

|JuiceZ|
08-21-03, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
Cheers for the info guys. I've got 7 Thermaltake fans running in my Xaser III, so noise really shouldn't be a factor. It has to be quieter than the Volcano 7+ I used before my current cooler... mmm, I think I'll snap one of these up. Maybe even experiment in a little overclocking.

sounds like yer good to go then ;)