PDA

View Full Version : rFactor 2 Tire Wear & Deformation Preview Videos

stjuart
08-02-11, 11:45 AM
"Image Space Incorporated has released two brand new preview video, showing off some new tire features of their upcoming rFactor 2 simulation.

The first video shows the tire wear and flatspotting in action, the tire wear has been increased by 100x to show off the effect of a 100 lap run in one single lap.

Also visible are the tire temperature readouts at the top left of the video. The second videos shows the tire deformations as the car goes over the curbs and moves around on the track.

rFactor 2 will introduce various improvements to the modding-friendly simulation including weather, driver animations and a refined graphics engine alongside plenty of current and historic motor racing content."
0ZWeEoOxKKw
PrsILzyYHRQ

stjuart
08-02-11, 12:06 PM
I think rFactor itself is a very uninteresting project. But it'll be another great platform for the mod community :)

The stock content should be a lot better than rfactor 1, The majority of the content is going to be licensed so it should be a much better package, both in graphics, Physics and Content.
ps. This will give iracing a run for its money, and many other sims, not even counting its modding potential.

CoSWill
10-15-11, 04:07 PM
Those cars look like something Jim Clark would have been driving back in the 60's ...I loved them.

Roadhog
10-15-11, 04:13 PM
Seems they are finally catching up to what Live For Speed has been doing for years. lol

StevePMo
10-19-11, 09:43 PM
rfactor2 looks like it's going to be great. Can't wait for it to come out, been racing rf1 since it came out.

Shamrock
12-29-11, 11:19 PM
Check out the Tire flexing.

http://youtu.be/PG0lscEUqBk

knghtwhosaysni
12-30-11, 02:49 AM
Check out the Tire flexing.

http://youtu.be/PG0lscEUqBkWhen using the youtube tag, you just use the video's ID, not the whole URL

PG0lscEUqBk

Shamrock
12-30-11, 09:44 PM
I can't see it anyway, and I dunno why.

EciDemon
12-31-11, 09:05 PM
when will this be released?

Shamrock
12-31-11, 09:45 PM
They say Q1 2012. It's already in open beta. YOu pre-order the game, you get access to Beta.