PDA

View Full Version : My next phone....

tornadog
08-02-11, 07:05 PM
Waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to hit Verizon/Sprint. Right now I have an Evo 3D and Thunderbolt.

DiscipleDOC
08-03-11, 08:40 AM
Waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to hit Verizon/Sprint. Right now I have an Evo 3D and Thunderbolt.

How is that thunderbolt? I heard good things about that...

zoomy942
08-03-11, 09:49 AM
All the newer devices have such huge screens. I can't understand it.

DiscipleDOC
08-03-11, 09:50 AM
All the newer devices have such huge screens. I can't understand it.

You would like a tiny screen?

zoomy942
08-03-11, 09:52 AM
You would like a tiny screen?

3.8" is the winner. Portable and with a good rez, crisp.

The droid incredible 1 was the last of the portable power devices. Everything went to 4" and larger after that. I have absolutely no interest in a 4 inch slab up against my face while on a phone call.

Bman212121
08-03-11, 01:06 PM
I think a 4" screen is a decent size. If I could get a 5" screen with less bezel around the device it might be okay. The EVO always seems like such a huge phone when I see it though. If they shaved some of the size off the top and bottom it wouldn't be so big.

My D2 is still smaller than my tri fold wallet so it's not like phones are that big yet. The screen is smaller than a business card and it would be nice if it was the size of one.

bacon12
08-03-11, 01:07 PM
Anyone know a definitive release date on the S2 for Verizon?

Viral
08-03-11, 07:07 PM
I've had an S2 for almost 2 months now and you definitely get used to the screen size. It's in no way too big after you use it for a week or two. If anything the phone is too light... I'm still not used to how light it is and often feel like it could slip out of my hands. I still need to get a case for it.

tornadog
08-04-11, 12:01 PM
How is that thunderbolt? I heard good things about that...

Its a good device but after getting the evo 3d, it feels so bulky.

Dazz
08-04-11, 12:51 PM
I have the HTC Sensation which has a 4.3" screen and the phone it self is the size as a Galaxy S but a little thicker. Me i picked the Sensation due to the higher rez screen and it makes a big diffrence. Can't go back to WVGA now but in some cases miss the AMOLED. But the screen an't bad on the Sensation and works much better in sun light then i thought it would.

zoomy942
08-04-11, 01:20 PM
Looks like I'll get a chance to see a Droid Inc1 in person. Can't wait.

bacon12
08-04-11, 01:25 PM
Anyone know a definitive release date on the S2 for Verizon?

Swiff..

DiscipleDOC
08-04-11, 01:50 PM
Swiff..

I really couldn't tell you bro. The best thing that you can do is browse around XDA and see if you can sift through the rumors...

bacon12
08-04-11, 01:51 PM
I have ready it was this month, and my contract comes up in 4 days. I is anxious.

Engadget review for this phone is really good.

DiscipleDOC
08-04-11, 01:51 PM
Its a good device but after getting the evo 3d, it feels so bulky.

My inspire feels too bulky, but I love it. I'm probably going to get another HTC in the next few months that is not so bulky.

zoomy942
08-04-11, 01:59 PM
My inspire feels too bulky, but I love it. I'm probably going to get another HTC in the next few months that is not so bulky.

Droid incredible?

I like HTC brand devices too.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

DiscipleDOC
08-04-11, 02:06 PM
Droid incredible?

I like HTC brand devices too.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

No, I would have to stick with the AT&T brand because my company has a contract with AT&T.

Crow_Nest
08-13-11, 10:18 PM
I've had an S2 for almost 2 months now and you definitely get used to the screen size. It's in no way too big after you use it for a week or two. If anything the phone is too light... I'm still not used to how light it is and often feel like it could slip out of my hands. I still need to get a case for it.

+1

Ive had my SGS2 for almost a month now. In the beginning i found it painful for my thumbs to stretch across the 10,000 mile screen just to press something, but now im more or less used to it. And i swear its the best phone ive ever used, ever...

GitDat
09-18-11, 07:45 PM
Motorola Droid Bionic anyone? :) That phone is so off the hook (pardon the pun, lol). I'm half tempted to switch to Verizon just to get my hands on it! 1080p video recording, HDMI mirroring (my Atrix doesn't have this, wtf?!) and LTE network cable modem download speeds! :captnkill:

six_storm
09-18-11, 08:21 PM
Motorola Droid Bionic anyone? :) That phone is so off the hook (pardon the pun, lol). I'm half tempted to switch to Verizon just to get my hands on it! 1080p video recording, HDMI mirroring (my Atrix doesn't have this, wtf?!) and LTE network cable modem download speeds! :captnkill:

Out of some reviews I've read, I've seen that the screen wasn't the best quality. Also can you deal with Moto Blur? But on the good side, I continue to see good progress with the rooting scene.

I'm still waiting on the iPhone 5 announcement myself.

bacon12
09-18-11, 08:23 PM
I bet it won't need the specs of this phone to be as fast. ;)

|MaguS|
09-18-11, 09:29 PM
I bet it won't need the specs of this phone to be as fast. ;)

You know that Verizon wont be carrying the S2 right?

bacon12
09-19-11, 07:05 PM
Yes I bought a windows phone instead, and haven't regretted it one bit.