PDA

View Full Version : RO2: Hero's of Stalingrad Pre-order Available on Steam now

Pages : [1] 2 3

Burnt_Ram
08-02-11, 09:01 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/35450/

I saw this when i got home today, can't wait. i bought the deluxe edition at 20% off! it comes with some goodies and beta access. thought i would share with those of you that didnt already know of this great news ... 3 weeks and change till launch, can't wait!

jiffy
08-02-11, 11:40 PM
This game could be good. I can't wait to find out. The ideas this dev team have are great for PC gamers.

Burnt_Ram
08-03-11, 07:35 AM
This game could be good. I can't wait to find out. The ideas this dev team have are great for PC gamers.

and the first mods, In Country Vietnam, and Rising Storm are a BIG bonus imo.

http://www.incountrymod.com/

http://www.risingstormgame.com/

Mr. Hunt
08-03-11, 08:09 AM
Should be awesome... Loved the original mod for UT2k3 or 4 or whichever it was lol. VERY fun to play and LOVED how sniping felt in the game.

|MaguS|
08-03-11, 10:23 AM
Did they add sp like planned or is it mp only again?

Burnt_Ram
08-03-11, 07:24 PM
Did they add sp like planned or is it mp only again? yes, i believe there is a single player campaign.

Burnt_Ram
08-03-11, 07:36 PM
i just ran across this, 4th post. right from the horses mouth what sp will be :)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2035129

Blade
08-04-11, 02:52 AM
Smells too much of console, despite being able to pre purchase with the 20% offer i'm going to wait & see on this.

ATi
08-04-11, 03:57 AM
Smells too much of console, despite being able to pre purchase with the 20% offer i'm going to wait & see on this.its coming out on consoles?

zampe
08-04-11, 05:16 AM
its coming out on consoles?

Yoshiro (Tripwire):
"Short answer, maybe. Long answer: We've looked into it. But if we ever do put RO on consoles, it will be a game suited for consoles and not a port of the PC version."

source engine?
Unreal Engine 3

jiffy
08-04-11, 11:13 PM
Smells too much of console, despite being able to pre purchase with the 20% offer i'm going to wait & see on this.

It was made for PC. Just like games used to be made for PC and then the console might get it later. Vac and PB on this game for extra measure. Mod tools out already to some special mod teams, servers that are not just one brand, etc.

This game should be at the top of the list of PC games being talked about. It might not end up being the best, but it has all the right ingredients to make it the best PC FPS since Cod first came out.

|MaguS|
08-05-11, 12:20 AM

Wtf

rudedog
08-08-11, 12:47 PM
FYI looks like they will be delaying it by 2 weeks (production will be finished on time, they want the extra two weeks for beta testers to work out any bugs)

ViN86
08-08-11, 02:14 PM

It's PC exclusive. :retard:

Blade
08-09-11, 06:43 AM
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

= Console BS.

|MaguS|
08-09-11, 09:01 AM
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

= Console BS.

Really? Please point out a console game that has a feature like that... And again, it's ****ing PC exclusive from the makers of killing floor.

Mr. Hunt
08-09-11, 11:36 AM
The amount of crybaby posts in this thread are hilarious. You can adjust your ****ing sights in the game. Yup, definitely seen that in every console shooter I've ever played. Freaking whiny faggots, I swear.

ViN86
08-09-11, 12:00 PM
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

= Console BS.

Oh so console is a genre and not a platform? Man, I've had it wrong for so long... :rolleyes:

source engine?

Yea, this is my only reservation about the game, but I am getting it anyways. Game looks like great fun. I don't care if it's popular or not. :lol:

Logical
08-09-11, 12:06 PM
The amount of crybaby posts in this thread are hilarious. You can adjust your ****ing sights in the game. Yup, definitely seen that in every console shooter I've ever played. Freaking whiny faggots, I swear.

Calm down its not like they have just raped your Gran !

:headexplode:

|MaguS|
08-09-11, 12:08 PM
Yea, this is my only reservation about the game, but I am getting it anyways. Game looks like great fun. I don't care if it's popular or not. :lol:

It's the Unreal Engine, They use a modified version that is implemented in Killing Floor for the game.

Logical
08-09-11, 12:10 PM
It's the Unreal Engine, They use a modified version that is implemented in Killing Floor for the game.

Yup and although it has the same horrible brown look that most unreal games have RO2 does look as though it has nice shadows...but thats about it.

Anyone else feel like they have gone back in time watching this vid...and i dont mean because it takes place in WW2...
rlcDStWfFTI

jiffy
08-09-11, 11:57 PM
Yup and although it has the same horrible brown look that most unreal games have RO2 does look as though it has nice shadows...but thats about it.

Anyone else feel like they have gone back in time watching this vid...and i dont mean because it takes place in WW2...

They never claimed this game to be the graphical giant that some people think every new game should be. This game is supposed to play well and have PC specific features that every other FPS has forgotten about. They already have mod teams working on complete overhauls and add on's for this game and it's not even released yet.

mojoman0
08-10-11, 12:21 AM
Haha yea the running animations are atrocious too, but I think I've discussed that. Coming from the makers of killing floor I don't understand why some people think this game can compete with the big guns. I'm sure it will be a cult classic but that's about it, and I'm sure many will be just fine with that. Props to the Vietnam mod team, work looks great

Snake101st
08-10-11, 01:28 AM
Ok, wait & see then....

Example:

= Console BS.

btw there are only a few heroes (maybe even 1) per team, randomly selected among the highest ranked players in the server. They get the uber rare weapons other classes dont get, and grant morale bonuses (harder to be suppressed, I think) to nearby teammates. If they die, the morale of nearby friendlies drops for a short time.

That was posted by a dev on the official tripwire forums, I looked but couldnt find the post/thread, so youll have to take my word on it. Let me know which console games have that kind of feature. :p

Logical
08-10-11, 09:37 AM
They never claimed this game to be the graphical giant that some people think every new game should be. This game is supposed to play well and have PC specific features that every other FPS has forgotten about. They already have mod teams working on complete overhauls and add on's for this game and it's not even released yet.

Ok but the debate is how do they expect it to compete with the AAA titles that are just around the corner....They are better visuals, better gameplay, more hyped (better marketed), better engines and better devs..although the latter could be a debate in itself.

Fact is...there is nothing ground breaking or new or even remotely intersting to me about this game, i dunno if anyone else feels the same but RO2 may as well be a indie game...