PDA

View Full Version : Whats one of your gaming sins?

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
08-03-11, 05:46 PM
So we all know that there are some games or things within a game that is loved by all and is accepted by the industry. The questions refers to which of these accepted and loved game features do you hate or dislike?

Choose only one to make discussions easier please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me it would have to be Morrowind. I don't know why but I cannot stand the game. I tried modding it for graphics and added features, I tried playing it stock but nothing can get me to like the game. My GF thinks I am nuts, especially considering how much I love open world games. There, thats my sin. I can't stand one of the most beloved RPGs of modern gaming.

grey_1
08-03-11, 05:56 PM
Easy - Half-Life 2.

I think it was released as an unfinished, boring, predictable as all heck, inconsistent waste of code. The 1st and 2nd episodes improved it greatly, but when it's coming from the bottom of the barrel that's not saying much.

Hate it.

JaylumX
08-03-11, 05:58 PM
I have tried playing Half life 2 several times. I bought it when it initially came out and followed its dvelopment religiously before particularly during the stolen code and the year delay. I just cannot get into the game. It is very overated. Does that count as a sin.

I was going to add Arkham Asylum but i enjoyed it a hell of a lot more on my second playthrough so all is forgiven. Cannot wait for Arkham City :D

grey_1
08-03-11, 06:01 PM
I have tried playing Half life 2 several times. I bought it when it initially came out and followed its dvelopment religiously before particularly during the stolen code and the year delay. I just cannot get into the game. It is very overated. Does that count as a sin.

I was going to add Arkham Asylum but i enjoyed it a hell of a lot more on my second playthrough so all is forgiven. Cannot wait for Arkham City :D

YES! And thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who didn't like it. :lol:

six_storm
08-03-11, 07:05 PM
I'm a little confused on the topic, but here is my go:

Borderlands and Oblivion. Never finished these games because I could not get into them.

jcrox
08-03-11, 07:28 PM
YES! And thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one here who didn't like it. :lol:

You're not alone.

The first time I played through the game I played on hard. Made it through without dying even once and extremely fast. Thus I refer to the game as Half-Short 2.

Thought it was predictable, boring, and a bit bland in the graphics especially after Far Cry.

jkmetal
08-03-11, 09:53 PM
Gears of War. Ugh. An ugly game with repetitive combat wrapped in a little too much "brofist!!"

Also, team fortress 2 never interested me in the slightest.

Redeemed
08-03-11, 10:58 PM
Gaming sins...? :naughty:

Well this one time, during a Tomb Raider game... :lol:

No but seriously... I dunno. Never got into WoW and that's apparently uber-popular. Never got into the CoD or BF MP craze. Though I did enjoy Duke Nukem 3D as a boy, never did get into the series.

Yup- I'm a sinnar. :lol:

ViN86
08-03-11, 11:14 PM

+1 for HL2. I just can't get into it. I have a lot of other sins as well. So many games I have but I haven't played because I haven't gotten into them.

jiffy
08-04-11, 12:17 AM
Hardcore mode in FPS games. I realize that some say it's more realistic. It just makes it too easy to kill enemies. It's noob mode.

bob saget
08-04-11, 01:02 AM
Easy - Half-Life 2.

I think it was released as an unfinished, boring, predictable as all heck, inconsistent waste of code. The 1st and 2nd episodes improved it greatly, but when it's coming from the bottom of the barrel that's not saying much.

Hate it.

I disagree.

Anyways games I hate with a passion because they are disgustingly awful are Far Cry 2 and Mafia 2.

Pennyboy
08-04-11, 01:35 AM
Wow I can't believe people here hated HL2, that is one of my favourite games. I remember playing it at the time and loved the physics, cool level designs, car & hovercraft missions were heaps of fun. My only complaint would be that it was too short, I was enjoying the game so much when it ended I was sad lol. Doom 3 came out at a similar time and that game was boring and over rated. Who could be bothered reading the PDAs? the guns were boring and the the indoor cramped corridors just aren't my style.

Sin? probably the fact I like BF2 over bad company 2. I just don't find BC 2 as fun as BF2.

Bah!
08-04-11, 05:58 AM
Can't believe so many replies have to do with HL2, but mine does also. It's the Gravity gun. Seems like Valve was so impressed with themselves that they made the entire purpose of HL2 showing off physics and playing with that stupid gun. Between all the Gravity gun stuff and the lame buggy parts, HL2 was far inferior to the first game and I still haven't managed to force myself to finish the episodes.

Oh, and I know people will just think this is an "I hate Valve" thing, but Portal is one of the most overrated series of all time. It's a fun puzzler and a time waster, but the dialogue is the only part about either game that makes them stand out. They certainly don't deserve to be Goty contenders. Coming up with a great meme that every moron and his brother will use for a decade doesn't make a great game.

Logical
08-04-11, 06:45 AM
The first time i played half life 2 i was very impressed with the physics of the gravity gun and the water effects blew my mind. Disagree with most here and would say Half Life 2 is one of my all time faves...

Hated Modern Warfare 2 MP for being peer hosting, but still played it :/ Eventually it ruined the game for me....

de><ta
08-04-11, 08:01 AM

Ninjaman09
08-04-11, 08:40 AM
I've always hated the Battlefield series, and I have never finished either Morrowind or Oblivion because I always lose interest in the game after about 4-5 hours of gameplay. Strangely, I played through Fallout 3 and all its DLC. I was going to add The Witcher to that list, but suddenly a lightbulb came on in my head and I finished the first chapter yesterday, after years of repeated attempts to stay interested. Maybe I can make it through this time, because I want to play the Witcher 2 afterward!

I never liked Team Fortress 2, especially now since I haven't played it in a while and I don't know what all this loot or whatever is about. The community is horrible as well.

DiscipleDOC
08-04-11, 08:48 AM
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I didn't like Metro2033 (sorry grey). The game started out boring (to me), and by the time the action came around, I've already lost interest. It was hared for me to really understand what they were trying to do in the game.

There are more games that I don't like as well, and will post about them later.

Ninjaman09
08-04-11, 08:49 AM
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I didn't like Metro2033 (sorry grey). The game started out boring (to me), and by the time the action came around, I've already lost interest. It was hared for me to really understand what they were trying to do in the game.

There are more games that I don't like as well, and will post about them later.

Ah gonna have to agree. I also can't stand Stalker or any of those eastern-european developed games. They're just so bleak and awkward.

nekrosoft13
08-04-11, 09:46 AM
I guess consoles and the whole movement to make games dummer for the whole massmarket "idiot" crowd.

There are dozens and dozens of games suffering from this sin.

Far Cry2
Dragon Age 2
Oblivion
Prototype

just few listed

DiscipleDOC
08-04-11, 09:47 AM
Ah gonna have to agree. I also can't stand Stalker or any of those eastern-european developed games. They're just so bleak and awkward.

Yep, I felt the same about stalker as well. I just couldn't get into those games...:o

Ninjaman09
08-04-11, 10:10 AM
I guess consoles and the whole movement to make games dummer for the whole massmarket "idiot" crowd.

There are dozens and dozens of games suffering from this sin.

Far Cry2
Dragon Age 2
Oblivion
Prototype

just few listed

I played through Dragon Age 2 but it took a while to sink in how bad the game really was. Truly a piece of garbage. I think that's the general opinion though. :p

nekrosoft13
08-04-11, 10:16 AM
I played through Dragon Age 2 but it took a while to sink in how bad the game really was. Truly a piece of garbage. I think that's the general opinion though. :p

are you trying to be sarcastic?

Ninjaman09
08-04-11, 11:11 AM
are you trying to be sarcastic?

No...?

mojoman0
08-04-11, 12:12 PM
Mass Effect? didnt get all the hype. I respect the effort but maybe i just didnt have the patience for all the dialogue etc

grey_1
08-04-11, 12:20 PM
Can't believe so many replies have to do with HL2, but mine does also. It's the Gravity gun. Seems like Valve was so impressed with themselves that they made the entire purpose of HL2 showing off physics and playing with that stupid gun. Between all the Gravity gun stuff and the lame buggy parts, HL2 was far inferior to the first game and I still haven't managed to force myself to finish the episodes.

Oh, and I know people will just think this is an "I hate Valve" thing, but Portal is one of the most overrated series of all time. It's a fun puzzler and a time waster, but the dialogue is the only part about either game that makes them stand out. They certainly don't deserve to be Goty contenders. Coming up with a great meme that every moron and his brother will use for a decade doesn't make a great game.

I don't think so at all.

Portal is fun, but like you said, over rated.

HL2 -

Alyx with no suit tougher than freeman with suit.

Can't even run without the suit? why?

stuttering on 3 different systems.

can only kill snipers with grenades? Why will only certain weapons damage certain enemies? no good reason.

No hands when picking items up? why?

The constant, non stop NPC chatter. "TO THE ROOF GORDON!" over and over and over and over....

Can't kill NPCs to get them the heck out of your way while trying to fight real enemies..

I could carry on but that's a start.

Oh, Alyx is hot and dog and the striders were cool. I'll give em that. :lol:

Loved Metro, but STALKER, while fun and different for a while, got old kinda quickly.