PDA

View Full Version : Filters for HAF 932

bob saget
08-09-11, 03:09 PM
So as this case moves a tremendous amount of air, it is also a real dust magnet, and does not come with any filters by default. So I followed this link that someone on here very kindly pointed me to to make a filter for the front intake, and then made my own filters for the bottom and side (my younger brother did most of the work :o).

We were really going for a professional, sleek look that would look comparable to some of the filter kits that are available at retail now.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4982/1001938xy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/1001938xy.jpg/)

Redeemed
08-09-11, 03:15 PM
:rofl

Amazingly awesome! :D

Roadhog
08-09-11, 03:22 PM
That is so ghetto. lol

bob saget
08-09-11, 03:41 PM
Well the care already looks like ass so it doesn't really matter ;)

But it does the trick. Great work bob :) You guys should start selling those filters.

many companies contacted me already ;)

glad you guys like it :D

DiscipleDOC
08-09-11, 03:50 PM
Oh wow. :lol:

Roadhog
08-09-11, 03:51 PM
You should add some tape around them so dust cant get through the sides.

bob saget
08-09-11, 04:04 PM
You should add some tape around them so dust cant get through the sides.

i was thinking about this. is that known to happen? i cant tape the filters down because i remove them to be washed literally once every 10ish days.

Roadhog
08-09-11, 04:19 PM
i was thinking about this. is that known to happen? i cant tape the filters down because i remove them to be washed literally once every 10ish days.

Think about it bob... Look at your design flaw. There is a huge gap around the filter and case that dust will just flow through.

bob saget
08-09-11, 04:23 PM
its because of the thickness of the magnets, i see what you mean though. it may not be evident, but there are two layers of screening, one on the "inner surface" of the wood and one on the outer. so even though it looks like a massive gap, it is only as big as the distance from the case to the first "edge" of the wood.

mullet
08-09-11, 04:27 PM
ROFL go bob go go go.

Roadhog
08-09-11, 04:28 PM
its because of the thickness of the magnets, i see what you mean though. it may not be evident, but there are two layers of screening, one on the "inner surface" of the wood and one on the outer. so even though it looks like a massive gap, it is only as big as the distance from the case to the first "edge" of the wood.

Pretty large gap bro.