PDA

View Full Version : Google to buy Motorola mobility

zoomy942
08-15-11, 07:40 AM
Didn't see this coming

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44143115/ns/business-us_business/t/google-acquire-wireless-phone-maker-motorola-mobility-billion/

six_storm
08-15-11, 08:07 AM
Maybe Google will stop this locked bootloader BS.

DiscipleDOC
08-15-11, 08:17 AM
Maybe Google will stop this locked bootloader BS.

Motorola is not locked now. I don't know why any phone is locked in the first place...

bacon12
08-15-11, 09:43 AM
At least they were smart and bought an amazing company. I often thought that MS should have bought Nokia outright instead of the agreement that made.

I wonder if this will damage Google's relationship with other oem's?

nekrosoft13
08-15-11, 10:26 AM
hmm, I like Motorola and like google. Plus so far I like what Google did with Nexus brand phones.

This could be a good thing.

Bman212121
08-15-11, 12:24 PM
It definitely makes a lot of sense. Seems like Google's cards are starting to show. Moto phones, Set top Boxes, android, google tv and sage tv.

So cram that together and we could see android powered STBs that have better interfaces which will tie into your phone for better integration. That's the one thing that is kind of exciting about this is hopefully it means that android will work better other devices. It will give you the "apple experience" but still be customizable.

Rakeesh
08-18-11, 10:40 PM
It definitely makes a lot of sense. Seems like Google's cards are starting to show. Moto phones, Set top Boxes, android, google tv and sage tv.

So cram that together and we could see android powered STBs that have better interfaces which will tie into your phone for better integration. That's the one thing that is kind of exciting about this is hopefully it means that android will work better other devices. It will give you the "apple experience" but still be customizable.

Google TV has been a bust so far. And I mean one major bust. Logitech reported a loss this fiscal year of about 32 million. The Logitech Revue has cost logitech 31 million dollars to sell.

In other words, if they weren't tangled up in Google TV right now, they would have reported a tiny profit.

Hogrider
08-19-11, 03:54 AM
The original price on the Logitech Revue sucked. Now at $99 it's a good deal.

bacon12
08-19-11, 08:44 AM
Not for logitech apparently.