PDA

View Full Version : BFG 5900 Ultra NO Analog Display????

krocodile
08-15-03, 11:44 PM
Hi there,
I just bought myself a 5900 Ultra. For some reason, though, I am unable to use the Dual Monitor. If I plug my CRT into the Analog on the card, I get NO display??!?!. I can get a display on my Analog CRT using the DVI by using the converter. I can also get a display by plugging my 15" LCD Digital Flat Panel directly into the DVI. So, why is the Analog connector on the card not working!!!!!

Anybody experience this too and care to give any feedback?

Thanks a lot :)

krocodile
08-16-03, 02:21 AM
Nevermind everybody, i fixed my own problem.

You would never believe what the problem was!! I feel like such an amateur now though, even though I have been building and repairing PC's for 6 years now.

Here's what I overlooked. In my case I have a bracket that contains a firewire extension cable to make the front side firewire adapter work. Guess what!!?? The stupid bracket was lightly touching the sodder tips for the Analog connector on the back of the video card!!!!!!!! Boy, talk about a nice electrical short!!!

Okay, so I made my stupid blunder for the week. Thank god it wasn't a clients computer. I didn't seem to ruin or damage the card in any way, so everything seems good.

A quote to myself "NEVER OVERLOOK THE OBVIOUS"

Later!