PDA

View Full Version : Which tablet should I buy

Runningman
08-18-11, 05:32 PM
Ok, I'm in the market for a tablet and need one that is good for taking notes both written and voice. I'm also looking for one that is WIFI only with GPS built in, not GPS assisted like the Ipad. So far Im leaning toward the Motorola Xoom, but the tab 10.1 looks nice. I don't know if I want another Apple product because I just think the Ipad feels more like a toy then something that can be a serious business tool. Can any of you guys give me some good input to help me make a decision? Thanks!

Hogrider
08-18-11, 08:50 PM
Whatever you do don't get the HP Touchpad.

We've got an ipad2 and if I had to do it over again I'd go for the ipad2.

Runningman
08-18-11, 09:19 PM
why did you prefer the Ipad2 over HP touchpad? did you like IOS over android or was it more of the whole feel of the product?

Runningman
08-18-11, 09:20 PM
thinkpad tablet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXFexk6k39M

hmmm, I didnt even consider that, going to look at it now...

mojoman0
08-18-11, 09:55 PM
hp touchpad has sold less than 10% of its stock and HP just gave up their entire mobile/tablet business

Runningman
08-18-11, 11:14 PM
hp touchpad has sold less than 10% of its stock and HP just gave up their entire mobile/tablet business

Ya, I took HP off any consideration after the announcment..

Hogrider
08-19-11, 04:52 AM
why did you prefer the Ipad2 over HP touchpad? did you like IOS over android or was it more of the whole feel of the product?

HP touchpad is no more as you know. Also it didn't use Android but I do prefer ios over Android. ios feels much more stable and polished than Android.

DiscipleDOC
08-19-11, 10:05 AM
I love my asus transformer. Despite the griping that people do over it, it is a very handy tool that I use every day.

Runningman
08-19-11, 05:04 PM
I love my asus transformer. Despite the griping that people do over it, it is a very handy tool that I use every day.

Im looking at that now, why dont people like it, doesnt seem to bad to me? is the GPS assisted or is it a true gps unit that doesnt need a web connection?

Maverick123w
08-19-11, 05:29 PM
I played around with an Acer Iconia at Staples and was amazed at how well it performed for being listed at $349 in the store. Blew away a Xoom I played with at a Verizon store... but that's Moto for you.

Runningman
08-19-11, 05:37 PM
Lol, you guys arent making this any easier for me...

I'm reading now that Android 3.2 still doesnt allow writing to the SD card, it will only allow reading, anyone have any experiance with this?

Hogrider
08-19-11, 05:37 PM
I learned my lesson, if I want good GPS I'm going to stick with a real GPS device.

Runningman
08-19-11, 06:12 PM
I learned my lesson, if I want good GPS I'm going to stick with a real GPS device.

well, for me its good enough, I need somthing that is all in one. I dont want another device, I feel I have enough after this purchace.

Hogrider
08-19-11, 06:59 PM
That's what I thought when I got my cell phone. It sucked more ass than a vacuum attached to Oprah's rear end. I now have a real Garmin GPS on my motorcycle instead of using that all in one/half ass GPS cell phone.

Rakeesh
08-19-11, 07:44 PM

touchpad wasn't android btw, it was webOS

Im looking at that now, why dont people like it, doesnt seem to bad to me? is the GPS assisted or is it a true gps unit that doesnt need a web connection?

There's actually an app you can get for android that allows you to plan a route in advance, and it downloads all of the map data you need, so it works without a connection. The name escapes me at the moment.

Hogrider
08-19-11, 08:05 PM
touchpad wasn't android btw, it was webOS

HP touchpad is no more as you know. Also it didn't use Android...

:bleh:

Hogrider
08-20-11, 12:48 AM
Screw it, get an HP Touchpad this weekend while it's cheap.

Rakeesh
08-21-11, 11:37 PM
I wasn't interested in a tablet at all until the touchpad was almost as cheap as greedos mom.

mullet
08-22-11, 12:37 AM
I wasn't interested in a tablet at all until the touchpad was almost as cheap as greedos mom.

You can say that again. :afro:

Hogrider
08-22-11, 04:49 AM

You can say it one more time. No way in hell would I have bought this Touchpad at the original price or even half of that . For $99 I couldn't pass it up.

Phyre
08-22-11, 06:10 PM
Is not having a USB port on the ASUS Transformer that big of a deal?

Runningman
08-22-11, 06:16 PM
I hear she isnt worth it at any price point....:headexplode:

Runningman
08-22-11, 06:21 PM
Anyways, I finally was able to pick up an HP touchpad this past weekend so I'm going to give it a whirl. First I'm going to see if WebOS does the trick with regards to my needs. If not, I'm going to power up ubuntu and give that a shot. If that doesn't work I"m going to EBay it and pick up the Samsung Tab 10.1. Maybe by then the xoom 2 will be out and from the rumors floating around, that looks like it might be a kick ass device.