PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some really good games..

Pages : [1] 2

takhimi
08-16-03, 12:39 PM
I`m bored.

Need to look out for new games.
What game did you recommend ?

i enjoyed mafia the most.(played it three times)

Some how vice city are not so great ?(probably cause i compare it with mafia?)

Already got C&C General:- too propaganda(I can`t enjoy it like other C&C games- missed the cut scene too)

Got Warcraft3+Expansion-no comment

NWN- not finishing it yet(bugs with radeon- wait for a fix -beta patch3 improves the speed though)
NFS:HP2

NOLF2-funny

ELITEFORCE2: Great game

Got All Unreal games.

So any recommendations from you guys?

:D

digitalwanderer
08-16-03, 12:51 PM
BloodRayne. :cool: FUN game!

takhimi
08-16-03, 01:03 PM
What type of games is it ?

RPG ? third person ?

Thanks for your reply.

digitalwanderer
08-16-03, 01:39 PM
Third-person action. You're a cute vampiress out to kill Nazis...GREAT game! :D

Dark Jedi
08-16-03, 03:18 PM
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Slow to start, but once you get the lightsaber... yee haa! Also consider the upcoming sequel Jedi Academy, which comes out September 17... :D

stncttr908
08-16-03, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Slow to start, but once you get the lightsaber... yee haa! Also consider the upcoming sequel Jedi Academy, which comes out September 17... :D I second that one. Lightsabering the **** out of everything is great fun. The multi can be fun too if you can find a good server to play on.

takhimi
08-17-03, 01:19 AM
WOW!!!

Thank you everybody for your suggestions..

Here are the full list of games that i got.

splinter cell
SOF2
nolf2
rtcw
Age of mythologhy
Rise of nation
Hitman2
Vice city
Mafia
Max Payne
NWN
MDK2
Diablo2++
Dungeon Keeper2
Elite ForceI&II
Jedi Knight II
Serious Sam I&II
FIFA2003
Postal 2
All unreal games
Sim city
WarcraftII++
Medal Of Honour+expansion
All C&C games
QuakeI+2+3
NFS:hp2

What do you think about the NWN expansion ? is it good ?

I`m so bored that i played JDoom again.:lol:

I`ve heard about soul reaver2. Is it really good ?

How about the new tomb raider game ? Does it really sucks ?

I heard that Vieatcong has problems with radeon cards?is it true ?

I think bf1942 is only good for multiplayer ?STill using dial up...

Thank You.

:D

Red Dog
08-17-03, 09:30 AM
America's Army v1.9 ---FREE---

VietCong, awesome graphix and 60's soundtrack. great foliage and terrain. Single player just feels cool as hell, multi kicks azz.

works great with my ti4600, I run 1024x768x32 4xAA 16xAF all options cranked with my 9800pro and its looks flat out awesome. No problems with my raddy.

Splinter Cell, No multiplayer kills replay value for me but it was worth a play through on sp.

Deus X, the bargain bin classic. an awesome game with several endings. good replay value.

Domy
08-17-03, 12:55 PM
chaser is quite good....

Tuork
08-17-03, 04:32 PM
Splinter cell is really good, so is BF1942.

Most of the games that LOOK pretty good are still to come.

These are the ones I have my eye on.
-Far Cry (Holly F***ing Sh*t!!!)
-Breed
-Chaser
-Joint Operations
-Stalker
-Chrome (just saw a screenie)
-Trinity (another screenie)

And of course: Half life 2

Tuork
08-17-03, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog
America's Army v1.9 ---FREE---

Free?
I've looked through the website and it says it's $5.95

Red Dog
08-17-03, 08:59 PM
http://www.americasarmy.com/operations/downloads2.php

its free to download, although you can pay for a cd.

http://www.aafiles.com/file.info?ID=17474

http://gigex.com/gp/gp.asp?PackageId=0054700000&source=00001_c

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/americasarmy/armyops190.exe.html

Smokey
08-18-03, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Red Dog
http://www.americasarmy.com/operations/downloads2.php

its free to download, although you can pay for a cd.

http://www.aafiles.com/file.info?ID=17474

http://gigex.com/gp/gp.asp?PackageId=0054700000&source=00001_c

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/americasarmy/armyops190.exe.html

He said he is on 56k and is more interested in SP games.

An oldie but a goodie would be Undying FPS horror sort of game, also I liked Ghost Recon + expansions for the SP, should be able to get them all cheap.

Fotis
08-18-03, 03:52 PM
Jedi Academy is already out!:angel:

The Baron
08-18-03, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Fotis
Jedi Academy is already out!:angel:
Careful where you're going with that, tiger.

Dark Jedi
08-18-03, 04:40 PM
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy doesn't get released till Sep 17 US, Sep 19 EU. I can't wait... :D :)

Red Dog
08-18-03, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
He said he is on 56k and is more interested in SP games.

yeah, but I figured AA is free so you can dl and try it. If it doesnt work out nothing is lost. start the download and let it go while you sleep.

Chalnoth
08-19-03, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by takhimi
What do you think about the NWN expansion ? is it good ?
Yes, I think the NWN expansion has a much better single-player game than the original.

I haven't really played it enough to comment on the multiplayer, though.

Anyway, being a big RPG fan, I'd like to suggest some of my favorite RPG's over the last few years:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2 (Note: if you played the first, and it annoyed you, the second removed many of the annoyances)
Planescape: Torment (Superb RPG)

Anyway, though they're all a bit dated, they're all also quit cheap. You can, for example, get both Fallout 1 and 2 from Interplay for $10. Every single one of these games takes a little bit to get into. I personally think that if you take the time, you'll enjoy 'em all (But I do have to say again...if you try the first one, and don't like it, try the second...which is rather easy in the case of Fallout...though I don't recommend trying the second one first...you'll never want to play the first one).

I'm really excited about the next couple of RPG's from the same developers (Black Isle and Bioware developed all the RPG's I mentioned), Knights of the Old Republic and Lionheart.

Knights of the Old Republic is out on the X-Box now, and is set to release on the PC in November. I can't wait :)

Lionheart just came out (so I guess I shouldn't put it here, but I'm too lazy to rewrite stuff...so sue me...).

Edit: Since it's out now, I decided to look for some reviews. Only was able to find one, but it doesn't look terribly good so far, unfortunately. I'll wait for a few more... I guess part of it, that I wasn't aware of, is that Lionheart wasn't developed internally by Black Isle or Bioware.

yoladude
08-19-03, 02:55 AM
suggestions:
quake series, c'mon, u know what this is
alice (awesome) 3rd person action/adventure
undying (effin scary) 1st person horror shooter
red faction (awesome sp, incredible mp) 1st person futuristic action shooter
Oni (martial arts+weapons = enourmous fun) 3rd person action

thats all i got off the top of my head.

Mike89
08-22-03, 12:07 AM
BloodRayne is not out yet for PC. Supposed to be out the 1st or 2nd week of September. I have had it pre-ordered since June.

Some ones to think about.

Chaser (just released for PC in US today)
Breed (not scheduled for release until October).
Indy Jones & The Emporer's Tomb (surprisingly good game and cheap).

digitalwanderer
08-22-03, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Mike89
BloodRayne is not out yet for PC. Supposed to be out the 1st or 2nd week of September. I have had it pre-ordered since June.
Well that explains why I haven't heard a whole lot of people raving about the game yet... :|

I guess I shouldn't say that Chaser is pretty good too then, eh? :(

Mike89
08-22-03, 01:37 AM
I got an email today from EB Games telling me that Chaser was shipped so I should be checking it out soon. Demo was good so I know I'll like the game.

The Bloodrayne demo was good too, although I wish she looked in the game the way she looks in the two trailers I have. Mighty nice indeed.

takhimi
08-22-03, 03:18 AM
Chaser...

I think i`ll go n buy it this week.

I just wish that we got more good strategy games though.

The suggestions by yoladude seems good too. Already got the red faction, Quake series though. Undying seems good.

But red faction2 was never near the same quality as the red faction1. So i think we cannot say that the sequal will always be better.

Played fallout1 once, (i don`t remember when) but i don`t like it, dunno why. Maybe cause i`m not RPG fan but more kinda like shooting/strategy fan. Thanks for the suggestions though. But i do like NWN and Diablo games.

Since i`m still using 56k, i don`t think i should buy bf1942 or even download the americasarmy yet.

Thank you guys.

Vash
08-22-03, 08:48 AM
If Gamestop's date is correct (might be, might not be), Homeworld 2 will be coming out next week. Check that out, if you can...I've already spent too much money on preordered games. :D

adv1
08-22-03, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Mike89
BloodRayne is not out yet for PC. Supposed to be out the 1st or 2nd week of September. I have had it pre-ordered since June. That's strange, the PC version has been out for ages in the UK (I bought it myself a few weeks ago).

I wonder why it isn't available yet in other countries?

EDIT: by the way, it's pretty good, although I didn't like the first level much (swamps where you lose energy if you touch water...grrr). I'm playing the second level in the Nazi base at the moment, and that's a lot better.