PDA

View Full Version : HP Touchpad with Web OS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hogrider
08-20-11, 07:59 AM
Have been playing with my new HP Touchpad (now downloading a Web OS system update) and this thing is really nice. I am kind of shocked how much I like it. It is very snappy, I like the OS a lot, it reminds me of inbetween ios and Android. Very nice.

This thing is a steal at $99 if you can grab one for that price. I just hope apps continue to develop for it.
I was showing my wife the exhibition mode (it seems to be a desk top mode where you can prop the tablet up on your desk and it cycles through pics, facebook quotes and messages, time and date and your agenda) and she loved it. Pretty slick app. She wants one now even though she has an ipad2 :eek2: damn women

Maverick123w
08-20-11, 09:56 AM
Have been playing with my new HP Touchpad (now downloading a Web OS system update) and this thing is really nice. I am kind of shocked how much I like it. It is very snappy, I like the OS a lot, it reminds me of inbetween ios and Android. Very nice.

This thing is a steal at $99 if you can grab one for that price. I just hope apps continue to develop for it.
I was showing my wife the exhibition mode (it seems to be a desk top mode where you can prop the tablet up on your desk and it cycles through pics, facebook quotes and messages, time and date and your agenda) and she loved it. Pretty slick app. She wants one now even though she has an ipad2 :eek2: damn women

Where did you get one for $99? I'm in the market to buy a tablet and could care less about apps. Just want it for surfing the web on the couch.

Hogrider
08-20-11, 11:01 AM
walmart

Maverick123w
08-20-11, 11:43 AM
Ugh I'm so pissed. I didn't realize these were gonna be so cheap until everywhere was already sold out :thumbdwn:

Maverick123w
08-20-11, 01:38 PM
hp's small business site actually had some in stock and I just got one for $99 as well :D Just got he e-mail confirmation. I hope it all goes through.

Hogrider
08-20-11, 05:49 PM
Cool!
I heard they were still making them till October. Not sure if they will continue the price of $99 but if they do then others who missed the deal due to no stock may still be able to get in on it.

Maverick123w
08-21-11, 10:32 AM
Didn't trust my HP online order so I hit Best Buy this morning when they opened and nabbed a 32GB.

I'm in love with this thing so far. Waaaay faster than I was expecting.

Hogrider
08-21-11, 11:04 AM
Good to hear maverick. I really like this thing too.
If you haven't already, go into settings then system updates and grab the latest Web OS update. Also get the free camera app. Kind of stupid they didn't include any camera app out of the box but after getting the app you can actually use the camera to take pictures now :lol:

If you can afford it I'd grab the Touchstone charger too, it is really nice being able to just set it on the stand to charge and it can even stay in it's case if you have it in one. I have mine in the official HP case and it still charges sitting in the stand. It also goes into exhibition mode automatically when it is in the charger/stand. They are on sale at the HP site. Might be hard to get them soon.

Maverick123w
08-21-11, 11:05 AM
Good to hear maverick. I really like this thing too.
If you haven't already, go into settings then system updates and grab the latest Web OS update. Also get the free camera app. Kind of stupid they didn't include any camera app out of the box but after getting the app you can actually use the camera to take pictures now :lol:

Thanks for the tip

tornadog
08-21-11, 12:50 PM
Cleaned up my local walmart, they had 6 in stock. Put them up on craigslist and sold 2 so far for 150. my phone has been ringing constantly since I put the post up.

Hogrider
08-21-11, 01:42 PM
Alrighty then, cool you are making money I guess.

snowmanwithahat
08-21-11, 10:10 PM
lol you guys realize they're dirt cheap because there's absolutely 0 support going forward right?

Even after saying that I must admit though it seems like a good deal

Rakeesh
08-21-11, 10:39 PM
lol you guys realize they're dirt cheap because there's absolutely 0 support going forward right?

Who needs support? Besides, once android is ported it will be open season as far as apps go.

Hogrider
08-22-11, 03:52 AM
I hope they make an android emulator. I would hate to get rid of Web OS on here, I love it.

Maverick123w
08-22-11, 09:37 AM

Even after saying that I must admit though it seems like a good deal

I wanted mine for a couch sitting internet appliance. It works perfectly well as that. Anything else is a plus.

Maverick123w
08-22-11, 09:40 AM
I hope they make an android emulator. I would hate to get rid of Web OS on here, I love it.

I agree completely. Having never really used webos I wasnt sure what to expect, but I'm loving it. The multitasking makes android and ios look ridiculous.

I'm loving gestures as well. Its a shame this never took off. It has a ton of promise.

snowmanwithahat
08-22-11, 09:40 AM
So you guys that picked up multiple ones to sell.... anyone interested in selling one to a fellow nvnews member? :D

Hogrider
08-22-11, 10:35 AM
So you guys that picked up multiple ones to sell.... anyone interested in selling one to a fellow nvnews member? :D

:lol: you realize they're dirt cheap because there's absolutely 0 support going forward right?

:bleh:

Runningman
08-22-11, 10:47 AM
:lol: you realize they're dirt cheap because there's absolutely 0 support going forward right?

:bleh:HP made a statement that they will keep supporting WebOS and that they want to license it out to other companies. So at least in the short term there is going to be some support, but how much, I guess we are going to find out as time goes on.

snowmanwithahat
08-22-11, 11:41 AM

:bleh:

Valid point (thanks for re-affirming what I said) ... as others said, **** support if it works as a web browser for under $200.

WebOS was a dead os anyway. I'm sure it has its strong points but the non ipad sector of tablets is spread too thin for it to really do well.

Albo
08-22-11, 01:31 PM
MikeC closed the other thread.. :wtf:

Anyways, I still have no shipping confirmation. And this other guy that ordered a few minutes before me, got his a few hours ago. FUUUUUUUU

zoomy942
08-22-11, 02:01 PM
My compusa rep has his finger on the button for one of each once they lower the price...

zoomy942
08-22-11, 02:06 PM
yeah!

DiscipleDOC
08-22-11, 02:11 PM
My compusa rep has his finger on the button for one of each once they lower the price...

I didn't know that they still had CompUSA's around...:lol:

zoomy942
08-22-11, 02:30 PM
I didn't know that they still had CompUSA's around...:lol:

Lol. That's not the first time I have heard that