PDA

View Full Version : Virtual screen resolution - a kind of permanent zooming?

mr_Travis_Bickl
08-16-03, 12:35 PM
Hi there!

I'm using a NVIDIA Geforce2 MX. Is there a driver or any software for running my card with a virual screen resolution. 'Virtual' means my monitor displays for example 1024 x 768, but the graphic card 'displays' 2000 x 2000 for example - a kind of permanent zomming is my intersion.

Can anyone help me?

Alexander:afro:

GlowStick
08-16-03, 07:16 PM
Um, are you running linux, becuase the feature you are describieng is a built in feature of Xwindows, they call it Desktop resolution. Honestly, i forget how to enable it, i am sorry about that.

But if you are running windows and are looking for something silimar, i have never seen such yet sorry.

ChrisW
08-16-03, 11:00 PM
Assuming you are running Windows XP, go to the display properties/advanced/Monitor and uncheck the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display".

mr_Travis_Bickl
08-17-03, 08:51 AM
Yes, I'm running Xp.

Thx for your tip ChrisW, but this will help only changing the monitor resolution. I want to enlarge the desktop resolution without changing the monitor resolution. My old AMD graphic driver supports this feature. : /

saturnotaku
08-17-03, 08:56 AM
I don't think there's such a feature supported in NVIDIA's Windows drivers. You can run multiple desktops using the nView control panel but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for.

GlowStick
08-17-03, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by mr_Travis_Bickl
Yes, I'm running Xp.

Thx for your tip ChrisW, but this will help only changing the monitor resolution. I want to enlarge the desktop resolution without changing the monitor resolution. My old AMD graphic driver supports this feature. : /

Hm yes, that feature is not supported with Nvidia drivers, honestly, i belive it would have to be done by a third party program.

Linux actualy supports what you are looking for natively, but i would not recomend changeing to another OS just for that feature.

mr_Travis_Bickl
08-17-03, 12:30 PM
That's right 'saturnotaku' nView offers multiple desktops. Sorry, but I'm looking for ONE large desktop.