PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a windows phone

Pages : [1] 2

bacon12
08-29-11, 03:50 PM
I was wanting to wait a few more months and see what comes out in Sept and later this fall, but my palm is dying on me and I do all my business off this phone. I had to get something now, so the HTC trophy it was.

I should have it sometime tomorrow. Hopefully it is a good phone. I played with several in store and liked them, and will be putting mango on it when it gets released.

Hogrider
08-29-11, 04:36 PM
I hope to hell you aren't talking about this Mango...

LEHX9lj_gUA&feature=fvst

:headexplode:

bacon12
08-30-11, 04:07 PM
No hogryder now gheyness on my phone. I have been playing with it for the last hour and love it so far. Got everything synced up in about 2 minutes, and am loading music on it now.

I guess now I can sell my zune HD, one of my favorite gadgets ever.

bacon12
08-30-11, 10:55 PM
First post wiff new phone.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

mojoman0
08-30-11, 11:06 PM
looks like it will rock even more with mango

bacon12
08-30-11, 11:33 PM
Already installed. They are close to working tethering as well.

zoomy942
08-30-11, 11:58 PM
What did you have before?

bacon12
08-31-11, 12:44 AM
Palm pre.

DiscipleDOC
08-31-11, 01:43 AM
I'm sorry for your loss...

PeterJensen
08-31-11, 02:53 AM
Its a really good phone :) Also running Mange RTM here :) On the same phone as you.

Maverick123w
11-29-11, 10:40 AM
Just got my Trophy in the mail today. I'm in LOVE. Windows phone 7.5 BLOWS any other phone os I've ever used right out of the water. The trophy has some pretty lackluster specs and still runs circles around any phone I've used when it comes to usuability and smoothness.

I wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier.

Maverick123w
11-29-11, 10:58 AM
Just got my Trophy in the mail today. I'm in LOVE. Windows phone 7.5 BLOWS any other phone os I've ever used right out of the water. The trophy has some pretty lackluster specs and still runs circles around any phone I've used when it comes to usuability and smoothness.

I wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier.

zoomy942
11-29-11, 12:18 PM
I'm looking at the trophy too actually.

Bman212121
11-29-11, 12:45 PM
I'm looking at the trophy too actually.

Ut oh... If failmy942 gets a trophy... I better not get one. :p

Thinking about getting one as well. It sounds like mango makes everything feasible. Keeping going back and forth between that and seeing if I can get a nexus Prime 4G. It's unfortunate that there isn't any options for windows phones on VZW as there are some trade offs to be made.

Maverick123w
11-29-11, 05:27 PM
Ut oh... If failmy942 gets a trophy... I better not get one. :p

Thinking about getting one as well. It sounds like mango makes everything feasible. Keeping going back and forth between that and seeing if I can get a nexus Prime 4G. It's unfortunate that there isn't any options for windows phones on VZW as there are some trade offs to be made.

The trophy is actually a really nice phone. It doesn't have 4G but all that really means is that you actually get livable battery life.

I asked myself, when am I not near a wifi access point and the answer is almost never so it's a non issue for me. Plus I don't do much video streaming so 3G loads the web plenty fast for me.

Android and iOS feel so clunky after using this phone.

Bman212121
12-02-11, 04:34 PM
This phone is definitely pretty fast. Took a second to figure out how to import stuff from google like calendar, contacts, but after figuring out you just need to add the accounts under settings, it works very well. There are only two things I don't care for. One is the virtual keyboard takes up over half the screen when it's in use and if you're in a text box I don't know how to minimize it to find the next box. Had that same problem with android. The other is that the camera seems to be really bad...

bacon12
12-02-11, 04:45 PM
For the specs its a very fast phone, and I haven't had any app hangups, or many crashes. The one app I use that sorta brings the system slow down is IE which I find pretty ironic. I would install chrome on this phone in an instant if it were as good as on windows. I think when 8 is released MS will be in a better position honestly, and things will get more streamlined.

I hope to see a high resolution tablet running windows 8 this smooth that can actually compete with Apple's insane iPad 3 specs of 2048x1536! (http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/11/ipad-3-super-high-res-displays-a-go-but-yields-will-be-low.ars) Its up to MS getting OEM's to make it happen.

zoomy942
01-03-12, 03:20 PM
I'm just waiting for Scrabble and ill get a win 7 phone.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

six_storm
01-05-12, 09:32 AM
I'm just waiting for Scrabble and ill get a win 7 phone.

What happened to you getting an iPhone 4? :bleh:

Bman212121
01-10-12, 11:38 AM
So my phone is one step closer to having everything I want. There is a program called MetroRadio which can now play pandora. It's not perfect yet but it works okay and have plenty of volume. Only thing I'm waiting for now is the official tethering patch... (Probably should put a big "IF" here)

DiscipleDOC
01-10-12, 10:54 PM
So my phone is one step closer to having everything I want. There is a program called MetroRadio which can now play pandora. It's not perfect yet but it works okay and have plenty of volume. Only thing I'm waiting for now is the official tethering patch... (Probably should put a big "IF" here)

When I hear metroradio, I think about bob jogging in Central Park in a pink leotard (gay)

Rakeesh
01-11-12, 05:55 AM
When I hear metroradio, I think about bob jogging in Central Park in a pink leotard (gay)

Hey, bob put a lot of effort into that leotard, don't make fun.

BrianG
01-11-12, 02:16 PM
Nice to see some other converts. Got a Samsung Focus originally and just got the HTC Titan. The OS keeps getting better and app developers are really starting to take advantage of the platform.

BTW, check out the #smokedbywindowsphone thing going on at CES. Pretty funny.

zoomy942
01-11-12, 10:13 PM
Nice to see some other converts. Got a Samsung Focus originally and just got the HTC Titan. The OS keeps getting better and app developers are really starting to take advantage of the platform.

BTW, check out the #smokedbywindowsphone thing going on at CES. Pretty funny.

Really eyeing that trophy

six_storm
01-11-12, 10:46 PM
Windows Phone has a really slick UI, but I would miss the apps, like Instagram and the games. How are the apps coming along for WP?