PDA

View Full Version : TV-out problem, can't find an answer yet

Unrealkk
08-16-03, 11:51 PM
I have been looking around different forums, but could find an answer for my problem. Here is the problem:

I am using Gainward FX5600 with TV-out. Everytime I use the TV-out, the image is alright for some time and then suddenly it will flicker and become darker, then the image remains dark for a few minutes, sometimes longer. Then it flickers a few time then back to normal. It only happens on TV screen, the Monitor remains the same. This happens about 3-4 times for a 2 hour long movie.

I had a GeforceMX440 before, the TV output is very stable without any of this problem. I had a similar problem when I plugged in a GeforceMX460 card a few month ago. When I put the GeforceMX440 back in, it works perfect.

I am just wondering is it because of the power supply? GeforceMX440 will probably use less power so the TV image will remain stable? Anyone has the same problem?

Thx for any reply.

Steppy
08-17-03, 03:52 AM
You're going into your VCR from the tv-out, not your TV right? It's macrovision(or something similar). It's basically the same copy protection that makes crappy copies...sure it works, but the brightness goes up and down(as does the volume on protected movies). You need to go straight from the TV-out port directly into the TV.

Unrealkk
08-17-03, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. But I do connect teh TV directly with my FX5600 card. I don't even know how to connect through VCR. Like I said, GForceMX440 works perfectly, very stable. Probably I can try figure out to use VCR and see what happens.