PDA

View Full Version : amd eyefinity and nvidia surround reviewed-xbit labs

wheeljack12
08-30-11, 02:58 PM
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/amd-eyefinity-nvidia-surround.html

Roliath
09-09-11, 11:31 PM
in my setup, and this is my opinion as it worked better for me.
eyefinity > surround

Roliath
09-10-11, 07:45 PM
you had an nvidia surround set up?
3d?

No to the 3d, but yes when I was on tri-sli gtx 285's. Running all 3+1 monitors was a pain in the ass with surround enabled, but with my 6970's I am able to have both a single display (my 3008) and have my eyefinity group (2007fp x3 in portrait) running at the same time. So I can simply change the primary monitor if I wanted to go from single display to eyefinity.

I was unable to do this with my nvidia setup, as in order to drive 4 monitors I was forced to go down to two-gpu sli and leave the third gpu to run the 4th display.

Roadhog
09-10-11, 09:48 PM
. I can tell you nvidia had surround way before AMD did ;) I saw it in person many months before eyefinity was released (four monitor setup).

Pentium 3's were out before Pentium 4's so that must mean they are better.

Roadhog
09-10-11, 10:23 PM
one generation NORMALLY is faster and has more features than the preceeding generations especially GPUS but then I probably get to see and hear things you do not but i do try to share with you guys within the nda limits

Missed the point. I don't see why it matters if one was released before the other or that if you got to see it before anyone else. That's cool and all, but Roliath said he had a better experience in his setup with eyefinity vs surround. Anyways, as the article stated both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Roliath
09-11-11, 12:40 AM
what generation is the 6970 compared to285s? I have three way SLI 580s running three alienware 23" monitors in 3d surround but i have not tried a monitor out of surround (not sure why i would do that, with
3-way sli enabled I have great performance even in3d). I can tell you nvidia had surround way before AMD did ;) I saw it in person many months before eyefinity was released (four monitor setup).

The issue is that you couldn't drive more than 3 monitors when running tri-sli, not sure if that's changed. I have a 4 monitor setup because I like to play some games @1600p and others I want to play in eyefinity. 3d, well that's one bandwagon i'm not about to jump on.

Roliath
09-11-11, 03:15 AM
It's still like that.
nV Surround works great for games. But for other multi-monitoring tasks, it's not flexible enough.

Yeah i've gotten more enjoyment out of my setup since I moved to ATI/AMD mainly because its hassle free when swapping between my 30in and my eyefinity display group. That alone was worth the swap from NV to ATI.