View Full Version : Hard Reset - Press Demo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

K007
09-02-11, 07:52 AM
How do you guys feel about this? looks pretty awesome
SZeHWH_9sUg

Rummy
09-02-11, 09:57 AM
Already pre-ordered it was only 26 bucks.

ElL33t
09-02-11, 12:04 PM
The gun you see with the blue bubble on it, I am calling it the Ovary Gun. I don't know why but it makes me think of ovaries being shot out of the cervix. :lol: Don't ask, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

And yes the game looks fun.

grey_1
09-02-11, 01:16 PM
The gun you see with the blue bubble on it, I am calling it the Ovary Gun. I don't know why but it makes me think of ovaries being shot out of the cervix. :lol: Don't ask, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

And yes the game looks fun.

You need help mah brutha :rofl

Game looks interesting, not decided yet.

Revs
09-02-11, 01:25 PM
Yeah plenty of potential there :cool:

ElL33t
09-02-11, 01:29 PM
Yeah plenty of potential there :cool:

Yes, any game that has electric ovaries being shot out of a cervix gun has potential. Why has no one thought of this until now?

grey_1
09-02-11, 01:33 PM
Yes, any game that has electric ovaries being shot out of a cervix gun has potential. Why has no one thought of this until now?

Insulated birf control??

Revs
09-02-11, 01:39 PM
That depends on whether the electric ovaries eggs are inseminated.

ElL33t
09-02-11, 02:07 PM
That depends on whether the electric ovaries eggs are inseminated.

Does it really matter? It's not as if you get hit by a ovary blast and say "hmm that one was a bit more salty than usual". No, you are going to say "OMG I just got shot by a electric ovary gun! HALP!"

grey_1
09-02-11, 02:19 PM
Yeah this thread is gone, good job ElL33t.

:lol: j/k

I think I'm burnout on plain old shooters, except for laughing at ElL33t when he goes down in Borderlands :D

I need the demo myself, or good feedback after it's released. Getting pickier these days.

Revs
09-02-11, 02:20 PM
These are questions that will be asked at a later date.

grey_1
09-02-11, 02:29 PM
These are questions that will be asked at a later date.

Tis true...I really want the game to be good. That price is so refreshing after seeing almost every other publisher (whoever sets the price) up the costs.

sillyeagle
09-05-11, 02:51 AM
Kinda cool how the devs interact and answer questions on their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/HardResetGame

BioHazZarD
09-07-11, 11:57 AM
demo out now.

http://computergames.ro/ro/downloads/viewitem/id/21393/name/hard-reset-demo.html

Ywap
09-07-11, 01:07 PM
demo out now.

http://computergames.ro/ro/downloads/viewitem/id/21393/name/hard-reset-demo.html

Sweet, thanks for posting!

Ninjaman09
09-07-11, 01:32 PM
It's also available on Steam, in case anyone didn't see. :)

Ywap
09-07-11, 01:55 PM
No surprises here, looks and plays absolutely fantastic.

A nobrainer on the purchase list as expected.

Ninjaman09
09-07-11, 02:00 PM
Didn't really blow my skirt back but for the price I think this game is perfect. Also I think Metro 2033 and Crysis are the only other games recently that I've had to lower settings to get good framerates on this system. Just shows how far ahead PC games could be if not for multiplatform development. The game looks incredible.

grey_1
09-07-11, 03:27 PM
Didn't really blow my skirt back but for the price I think this game is perfect. Also I think Metro 2033 and Crysis are the only other games recently that I've had to lower settings to get good framerates on this system. Just shows how far ahead PC games could be if not for multiplatform development. The game looks incredible.

How's gameplay? The videos I've seen didn't make me want this. :o

Sean_W
09-07-11, 04:59 PM
Yeah just tried the demo, looks great, feels solid and performs well, good physics, secrets to find, stuff to blow up. Feels like a FPS Blade Runner game.

The demo has a benchmark as well. Cool all round. I'll be buying this.

Ninjaman09
09-07-11, 05:53 PM
How's gameplay? The videos I've seen didn't make me want this. :o

It's hard to say because you don't have access to many of the different gun mods in the demo (which lasts like 10 minutes btw). You can blow up environment objects to cause lightning arcs which kill/harm enemies and it's definitely fast-paced circle-strafe combat. I really liked the shotgun and the electric mortar thing or whatever it's called. Having different weapons be modifications to two basic weapon types is kind of a cool idea. The enemy AI doesn't seem to be any more sophisticated than "run straight at the player" but I would assume that's because you only see two types in the demo. I would think of this as a fast-paced arcade style shooter.

sillyeagle
09-07-11, 06:47 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4171/hardreset1tyuxt.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8571/hardreset2.jpg

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4348/hardreset3.jpg

Madpistol
09-07-11, 07:22 PM
Downloading the demo now. I will have it shortly. :)

grey_1
09-07-11, 07:30 PM
It's hard to say because you don't have access to many of the different gun mods in the demo (which lasts like 10 minutes btw). You can blow up environment objects to cause lightning arcs which kill/harm enemies and it's definitely fast-paced circle-strafe combat. I really liked the shotgun and the electric mortar thing or whatever it's called. Having different weapons be modifications to two basic weapon types is kind of a cool idea. The enemy AI doesn't seem to be any more sophisticated than "run straight at the player" but I would assume that's because you only see two types in the demo. I would think of this as a fast-paced arcade style shooter.

Thanks Ninja - got it dl'd and will give it a go. I'm trying to not have buyers remorse over getting Dead Island instead of this one....

EDIT: Yeah, that was fun. :)

Madpistol
09-07-11, 08:09 PM
Holy crap! I want more!

That was genuinely fun. If the rest of the game is like that, I will gladly spend $30 on this game. It's money well spent and well deserved for the developers. :)

It's also very refreshing to play a game that looks beautiful and runs perfectly on my current system. I have a feeling I won't be so lucky with Battlefield 3. My system is coming up on 2 years old, and after the beating it took from Metro 2033, I'm so glad Hard Reset utilizes Unreal Engine 3 so well. The lighting is very ambient and looks beautiful. The graphics are breathtaking. Very cyberpunk-ish. I like it a lot.

BTW, I have this game maxed @ 1920x1200. It never dropped below 50 FPS during the demo. FANTASTIC!!! :D