PDA

View Full Version : Creatives New Sound Card coming

fasedww
09-04-11, 07:43 PM
Looks pretty decent:D
http://vr-zone.com/articles/creative-announces-quad-core-sound-cards/13470.html

Q
09-04-11, 08:00 PM
The sound to noise ratio on these cards is much lower than Creative has produced in nearly a decade.

EciDemon
09-05-11, 03:12 PM
Reading Creatives press release it seems the new chip is very focused on voice chat in online gaming with voice cancellation etc .... bleh..

I'd rather they have some technical specs on the SnR level, Asio, Ddl/Dts connect features etc, else there be little reason to upgrade from my old x-fi fatality champion.

Crystalizer and other such sound "enhancements" is just marketing bull

Rakeesh
09-06-11, 08:35 PM
Move on to HDMI audio setups and screw worrying about SnR on the soundcard front, using line level miniplugs to the speakers is just plain stupid nowadays, and that alone causes worse problems than having low SnR.

And 4 separate DSP's? What a joke. Let that be done in software, there is no reason to use hardware anymore.

EciDemon
09-06-11, 09:13 PM
i rather just stick with the optical toslink cable, some times during the hdmi chain when sound is routed through various hardware such as tv's the LFE level gets messed up.

im thinking the 4 dsp things is just marketing ploy because the x-fi also has 4 dps's.
Hardware mixing is still very useful for various things such as sample rate conversions which the x-fi is pretty good at in hardware, and also asio which im very dependent on

Rakeesh
09-06-11, 09:34 PM
i rather just stick with the optical toslink cable, some times during the hdmi chain when sound is routed through various hardware such as tv's the LFE level gets messed up.

im thinking the 4 dsp things is just marketing ploy because the x-fi also has 4 dps's.
Hardware mixing is still very useful for various things such as sample rate conversions which the x-fi is pretty good at in hardware, and also asio which im very dependent on

Yeah but when the software can do it so fast that there's virtually no hit on framerate, and furthermore can achieve the same effect without any downmixing (which creative cards HAVE to do) why bother? In fact, you're better off with software if anything.

EciDemon
09-07-11, 03:38 AM
sure, for games it seems it don't matter too much.
I can say this though, in games my x-fi sounds a lot better then the built in realtek mobo chip.

It'll still be interesting to see what specs the new card will have, as all the work on voice chat stuff is retarded to market such rather expensive cards with.

wysiwyg
09-09-11, 07:25 AM
i recently changed my Auzentech forte for a cheapo Xonar DG as the Forte was giving pops and squelches, before that though it sounded amazing and better than the xonar but the xonar is still better than onboard

crainger
10-08-11, 04:29 PM
Does it have onboard headphone amp? That's something I love about my Forte. Have a nice BB OPAMP in it too. ::D:

AngelGraves13
10-08-11, 06:22 PM
My Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD has all those features and 122db SNR. I'll pass!

nekrosoft13
10-10-11, 11:06 AM
nice, i will probably get one, or auzentech version