http://www.amd4u.com/dirt3promo/

Use at your own risk!

Greedo
09-05-11, 08:24 PM
it works. :bleh:

Albo
09-05-11, 08:27 PM
it works. :bleh:

I was trying to find you on steam. As I saw you "wished" for the game, but weren't online.

Glad you got it!

Albo
09-05-11, 08:53 PM
13 guests. We must be a top hit.

knghtwhosaysni
09-05-11, 08:56 PM
I would not suggest doing this if you're not using a legit AMD Unique ID from something you bought...

Raptorman
09-05-11, 08:56 PM
It does work. Interesting. :D

Raptorman
09-05-11, 08:58 PM
I would not suggest doing this if you're not using a legit AMD Unique ID from something you bought...

Thanks, did you just screw my Steam account before bringing this to attention? Already used a key bro.

Noticed it was you, not Albo that posted that. Sorry, liquor doesn't help the reading process.

ViN86
09-05-11, 09:00 PM

What's an "AMD Unique ID"? Like my 5870 serial number? :confused:

knghtwhosaysni
09-05-11, 09:10 PM
What's an "AMD Unique ID"? Like my 5870 serial number? :confused:
No idea, but the AMD page says "Look for a unique ID card with your AMD product. That ID is required to get your game key."

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

Piracy or Hacking

This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet.

ElL33t
09-05-11, 09:13 PM
No idea, but the AMD page says "Look for a unique ID card with your AMD product. That ID is required to get your game key."

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519
They are talking about fake game keys. This is a CPU ID not a game key.

Oh well, if my account is banned, it's no big deal. All the games I want to play this fall are on Origin. :lol:

knghtwhosaysni
09-05-11, 09:18 PM
They are talking about fake game keys. This is a CPU ID not a game key
The .txt link albo posted has actual game keys. They seem to associate each AMD Unique ID to a game key.

I doubt AMD is chill with 2 million people who have internet access getting a key to a $50 game for free, even if they have never bought an AMD product.

Raptorman
09-05-11, 09:19 PM
Letting Steam know to remove this from my account. I don't want to touch this, and didn't even think it would work.

ElL33t
09-05-11, 09:20 PM
The link albo posted has actual game keys. They seem to associate each AMD Unique ID to a game key.

I doubt AMD is chill with 2 million people who have internet access getting a key to a $50 game for free, regardless of whether they have an AMD product or not.

I didn't use a game key from that list. :lol: I'm not that astupid

ElL33t
09-05-11, 09:21 PM
Letting Steam know to remove this from my account. I don't want to touch this, and didn't even think it would work.

How do you let steam know? And will they ban you for telling them what you did?

I hate the Albo now. Ban his ass out right.

Raptorman
09-05-11, 09:23 PM
How do you let steam know? And will they ban you for telling them what you did?

I just sent them a support email saying an unauthorized key for Dirt 3 was added to my account, and asked them to remove it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1223-QROC-4460

That's how you contact Steam.

You should remove that link Albo. AMD will be pissed.

Albo
09-05-11, 09:27 PM
AMD Will be pissed at me? Oh noes!

Also, to be honest, what's the worst that will happen? They remove the game? They won't go farther than that.

Redeemed
09-05-11, 09:29 PM
AMD Will be pissed at me? Oh noes!

Also, to be honest, what's the worst that will happen? They remove the game? They won't go farther than that.

It's been a while since I've read the EULA but from what I recall Valve can void your Steam account, essentially making you lose every game you've ever purchased through steam.

jkmetal
09-05-11, 09:29 PM
Brought this for $50 in June.

If this is legit....

****. All. You. God. Damn. Mother. ****ers.

bob saget
09-05-11, 09:30 PM
http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Albo
09-05-11, 09:32 PM
It's been a while since I've read the EULA but from what I recall Valve can void your Steam account, essentially making you lose every game you've ever purchased through steam.

For a code that I found online? I highly doubt that Valve could/would do that. I have removed the link to the keys so no worries, I still have the link to the form though.

Greedo
09-05-11, 09:33 PM
hmmm... i wonder if i should stop my DDownload...

ViN86
09-05-11, 09:34 PM
I notified Steam of the fraudulent CD key as well. You suck Albo. lol

Roadhog
09-05-11, 09:35 PM
For a code that I found online? I highly doubt that Valve could/would do that. I have removed the link to the keys so no worries, I still have the link to the form though.

Actually they will and do.

bob saget
09-05-11, 09:35 PM
I have reported albo and he should be banned within minutes. I have also reported him to homeland security and he will be deported back to Somalia.

ElL33t
09-05-11, 09:46 PM
I sent steam a support ticket to get rid of this key as well. First time I did something online that involved my account. Cept pr0n stuff.