PDA

View Full Version : I just spent £109.97 on 3 games!

ATOJAR
09-06-11, 04:57 PM
Just pre-ordered the following tonight ...

Battlefield 3 Special Edition via Origin = £39.99

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 : The Masters via Origin = £29.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 via Steam = £39.99

= £109.97

Should keep me going for a while lol ... It will have to, The missus will kill me if i buy any more lol.

I was chuffed to bits when i found out there was a new Tiger Woods PGA game on its way to PC ... The last time i enjoyed a PC golf game was Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 ... After this they stopped making the franchise for Windows ... Soon as i logged into Origin and seen this was on its way i just had to have it, Some nights there would be like 6 - 10 of us playing, On Team Speak and getting drunk, Good times! ... Due out on the 8th of this month here in UK. :D

Only one game im looking forward to now and will be 100% pre-ordering that's Guild Wars 2.

What about you? What do you have on pre-order?

bob saget
09-06-11, 05:03 PM
one of those three does not belong there :bleh:

BF3 will be the first game i ever preordered.

Ancient76
09-07-11, 04:05 AM
Call of Duty?

K007
09-07-11, 05:40 AM
Just pre-ordered the following tonight ...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 via Steam = £39.99

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/043/2/f/cool_story_bro_by_hatesxfury-d39dfe1.jpg

Revs
09-07-11, 05:51 AM
There's no way I'm paying £40 for any PC game, profiteering bastards! < £20 or GTFO.

Crow_Nest
09-07-11, 06:42 AM
You actually pre-ordered MW3 at the same prize as BF3? how possible?!

nekrosoft13
09-07-11, 08:23 AM
one of those three does not belong there :bleh:

BF3 will be the first game i ever preordered.

call of duty?

ATOJAR
09-07-11, 08:39 AM
You actually pre-ordered MW3 at the same prize as BF3? how possible?!

I wouldn't have even bought MW3 if it wasn't for the simple fact that 99% of my mates are getting it.

ViN86
09-07-11, 10:09 AM
Good purchases. I know MW3 looks like a lot of the same, but if IW brings the franchise back to the COD4-era greatness, then I will probably get it. Did you get COD4 for free with your MW3 purchase too?

ATOJAR
09-07-11, 10:29 AM
Did you get COD4 for free with your MW3 purchase too?

Yip ... I own COD4 too but not the steam version! ... So now i have two lol. Gonna give my hard copy to a friend i think.

bob saget
09-07-11, 10:43 AM
call of duty?

Hmmm. Yes.

http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/3/33/Buzz_Killington.jpg

bob saget
09-07-11, 10:44 AM
Good purchases. I know MW3 looks like a lot of the same, but if IW brings the franchise back to the COD4-era greatness, then I will probably get it. Did you get COD4 for free with your MW3 purchase too?

there is no ****ing way that is happening. 12 year olds like overpowered killstreaks too much. remember the killstreaks in cod4 :lol:

ViN86
09-07-11, 10:51 AM
there is no ****ing way that is happening. 12 year olds like overpowered killstreaks too much. remember the killstreaks in cod4 :lol:

Few months ago: http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/06/11/modern-warfare-3-information-blowout/

Bowling went onto reveal a mountain of other details on Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer:

- IW have “changed a lot of how XP, match bonus, challenges, rewards, and other incentives are distributed in objective gameplay”

- You can play every Spec Ops survival mission on ALL multiplayer maps that are completely open.

- IW is attempting to start “Building up from Call of Duty 4, bringing in our favorite weapons, losing the stuff we didn’t like and refocusing on gun on gun fast paced combat.”

- The killstreak systems for MW3 will be “completely changed up”

- A public multiplayer beta is a give / take in terms of development schedule.

- There is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.

- IW has “removed Commando.”

- Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they’re intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.

- The team has focused on keeping “firefights fast paced but closer to COD4′s balance.”

- Adding in the matchmaking, progressive ranking, killstreaks and unlocks, and wave based modes have made Spec Ops everything we always wanted it to be when we first introduced it.

Not like IW hasn't lied before, though.

bob saget
09-07-11, 10:56 AM
i really dont buy it, but thanks for the link. they's probably have controllable satellite-based gun systems if you get a 3-kill streak :lol:

Mike89
09-07-11, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't buy any of those. To each his own. Have fun, that's what matters.

Crow_Nest
09-07-11, 11:09 PM

Sad but very true. Ive said before, COD has ruined the FPS franchise, at least in terms of multiplayer. It makes me sad to see games like Homefront and even Crysis 2 following the same style of gameplay. The latter which I am most disappointed. A result of COD4's release coinciding with the rising number of young and new gamers who started playing games during the console boom. Now every kid is going to think that COD is the hallmark of FPS and every game that has any one bit of similarity to COD is a clone. Actually its kinda true now that i think about it, just take at the two games i mentioned as examples.

ATOJAR
09-08-11, 12:44 AM
F1 2011 should be available for pre-order soon, that title will join the list as well.

Its available now via steam. :)

K007
09-08-11, 08:28 AM

isn't most of IW dead now :/...

ViN86
09-08-11, 07:06 PM
isn't most of IW dead now :/...

Like half of it lol.

XDanger
09-18-11, 03:45 PM
Tiger Woods/FIFA/PES games have 0 re-sale value.

Landfill is 10% made up of just these games, the sooner they stop making them on physical media the better (60s).