PDA

View Full Version : Future titles

Pages : [1] 2

Tuork
08-17-03, 04:47 PM
Upon looking up some future titles at IGN (Far Cry's my favourite), I can't help but ask:

What games are you looking forward to?

Smokey
08-17-03, 05:39 PM
STALKER

there are others, but I must say this one is the next big one for me ;)

adv1
08-17-03, 07:49 PM
Some games I think look promising:

Joint Operations
Tribes Vengeance
Doom III
Half-Life 2
Max Payne 2

Although the singleplayer demo of Breed wasn't very good, I'm hoping the multiplayer will be much better and make it a good game worth buying.
Also, despite the disappointment of UT2003, some of the previews of UT2004 are encouraging and suggest it could be a really good game too.

Tuork
08-17-03, 08:14 PM
I forgot about Max Payne 2. Looks good.

BTW, I heard rumors that UT2004 will have vehicles? Anyone know anything about this?

StealthHawk
08-17-03, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Tuork

BTW, I heard rumors that UT2004 will have vehicles? Anyone know anything about this?

Yeah, Epic showed screenshots of UT2004 with vehicles in them.

intercede007
08-17-03, 11:10 PM
Halo 2.

I really want Doom III, but every fibre of my being want's to get my sweaty palms on Halo 2 in April.

Half what? Max who? ;)

Smokey
08-18-03, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Tuork

http://www.avault.com/news/screenshots/ut20041.jpg
http://www.avault.com/news/screenshots/ut20042.jpg
http://www.avault.com/news/screenshots/ut20043.jpg

-=DVS=-
08-18-03, 02:51 AM
Looks like C&C Renegade clone to me :rolleyes: or Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat Mod :p

Tuork
08-18-03, 11:07 AM
The UT2004 screens look pretty cool. Let's hope it's not only "looks".

(enter the matrix rings a bell?)

Dark Jedi
08-18-03, 11:38 AM
I'm looking forward to Halo PC and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Oh, and Half Life 2 if it's released anytime soon.

Riptide
08-18-03, 12:26 PM
I eagerly await:

1) Homeworld 2
2) Locked On: Modern Air Combat
3) Halo (PC)
4) Counterstrike: Condition -0-
5) Half Life 2

:)

Smokey
08-18-03, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
I eagerly await:

1) Homeworld 2
2) Locked On: Modern Air Combat
3) Halo (PC)
4) Counterstrike: Condition -0-
5) Half Life 2

:)

Just out of interest, whats the attraction to CS:CZ ?

Nephilim
08-18-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
I'm looking forward to Halo PC and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Oh, and Half Life 2 if it's released anytime soon.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is nice. I have a beta of it (No, I will not give anyone a copy).

A few things to bring up....

Dual wield lightsabers (yes, you can dual wield in the SP portion of the game....the animation for the fighting is freakin' gorgeous)

New weapons

Double-ended lightsabers (again...in SP...and again, the animations are beautiful)

A couple of new force powers too....

I haven't played the MP portion of the game yet, but I imagine it will be a lot like JK:JO MP.

The Baron
08-18-03, 07:42 PM
I haven't played the MP portion of the game yet, but I imagine it will be a lot like JK:JO MP.
Wooh. Constant Force Push. :rolleyes:

Riptide
08-18-03, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Just out of interest, whats the attraction to CS:CZ ?
Only that I keep hearing how fun the first one was so I figured if the second one is even half as good with improved gfx it ought to be worth getting. Am I in for a disappointment? I can always cancel my preorder and just stick with UT2003 for multi. :)

Dark Jedi
08-19-03, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is nice. I have a beta of it (No, I will not give anyone a copy).

A few things to bring up....

Dual wield lightsabers (yes, you can dual wield in the SP portion of the game....the animation for the fighting is freakin' gorgeous)

New weapons

Double-ended lightsabers (again...in SP...and again, the animations are beautiful)

A couple of new force powers too....

Sounds awesome... the wait is killing me for this game... arrgghh. As for the force powers, were they not ressurecting some from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II?

Smokey
08-19-03, 03:04 AM
Only that I keep hearing how fun the first one was so I figured if the second one is even half as good with improved gfx it ought to be worth getting. Am I in for a disappointment? I can always cancel my preorder and just stick with UT2003 for multi. :)

Well I just dont know, CS:CZ is a SP game, and to me the graphics are pretty ugly :p

I still wont touch CS, Im more of a R6/Tom Clancy game fan, and for acarde style shooters there are better than CS imo :) You can always read some reviews first ;)

Nephilim
08-19-03, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Wooh. Constant Force Push. :rolleyes:

Maybe, but that's why you use Absorb... No push AND you get force points for it.

adv1
08-19-03, 10:13 AM
Only that I keep hearing how fun the first one was so I figured if the second one is even half as good with improved gfx it ought to be worth getting. Am I in for a disappointment? I can always cancel my preorder and just stick with UT2003 for multi. :) There's been some less than positive reviews of Condition Zero, so I would be wary of buying it if I were you.
For example, PC Gamer UK only gave it 65% in their review and call it a 'failure', saying the only good thing about it is the multiplayer CounterStrike which you can get as a free mod anyway.

Bubba
08-19-03, 11:32 AM
Thief III. And there better not be any damned robots this time.....

LiquidX
08-19-03, 02:21 PM
1-The Call of Duty (Cant wait to get my hands on this)
2-Max Payne 2 (No words)
3-MOH:AA Breakthrough (Long live the king)
:retard::rw:

The Baron
08-19-03, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Maybe, but that's why you use Absorb... No push AND you get force points for it.
If they change Absorb so that it doesn't stop your forward motion when you absorb a Push in mid-air, okay, that's fine. That was absurd.

Riptide
08-19-03, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by adv1
There's been some less than positive reviews of Condition Zero, so I would be wary of buying it if I were you.
For example, PC Gamer UK only gave it 65% in their review and call it a 'failure', saying the only good thing about it is the multiplayer CounterStrike which you can get as a free mod anyway.
65%? Ouch... Looks like I'll be cancelling THAT pre-order. Halo and Homeworld 2 can still stay in the basket though. :)

Fotis
08-20-03, 03:05 AM
I can't believe noone has mentioned Deus Ex:Ivisible War!!

NAZCA M12
08-20-03, 05:09 PM
Nah, contrary to what my namesake said, i'm going for it's brother, THIEF III, the game (OK, series) that messed up most of the action games since '98.