PDA

View Full Version : problems...

shannyms
08-17-03, 10:19 PM
i recently downloaded new drivers to my comp, and when i was installing it said there could be some problems in the near future with my computer because of the update. Now about a 2 weeks later no games work on my computer and my internet got really messed up. Any suggestions

saturnotaku
08-17-03, 10:23 PM
System specs would really help here. And did you make any other changes (hardware or software) to your computer since the driver upgrade? And you installed new driver for your computer...drivers for what? Motherboard, video card, sound card?

shannyms
08-17-03, 10:50 PM
video card i have a geforce 2

saturnotaku
08-17-03, 10:54 PM
When I said system specifications, I meant your whole machine, motherboard, processor, RAM, etc.

And what drivers did you install, for what component and what version? You really need to be specific with what your problems are. We're not omniscient (sp?). We can't stand behind you with your machine to see exactly what's wrong.

The Baron
08-17-03, 11:06 PM
We're not omniscient (sp?).
I KNOW you're not trying to speak for me. ;)

Reformat your computer. If you don't know how, find someone who does and get them to do it. And make sure to pay them well. :p

(The two problems are completely unrelated. And, since it's a GF2, I figure it's probably way way way way way overdue for it.)

shannyms
08-17-03, 11:08 PM
windows xp....1.8 ghz.....intel pentium 4......512 mb ram

Skuzzy
08-18-03, 08:19 AM
I would add that the 30.82 Det's are probably the best drivers for the older NVidia cards.