PDA

View Full Version : "Optimizations" and OpenGL

The Baron
08-17-03, 11:32 PM
Anyone know of any? I've heard plenty about them in apps that use D3D, but none with regards to OGL.

phial
08-18-03, 01:13 AM
wouldnt suprise me, sinse everyone says that NV is the OGL professional

but thats "people" for you

StealthHawk
08-18-03, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Anyone know of any? I've heard plenty about them in apps that use D3D, but none with regards to OGL.

If we had an anti-detect that worked with OGL then we would know all about it :D I wouldn't be surprised if they were helping their scores a bit in Serious Sam Second Encounter and Quake3.

Anyway, with all the reported lowering of scores in 3dmark2001 do you think NVIDIA removed the cheats :) I think I will investigate :afro:

jbirney
08-18-03, 01:47 PM
I don't think they have to cheat in OpenGL. D3D has always been their week point. Plus with OpenGL you do have all of the nV proprietary GL calls. So that allows them to be used where they can optimize the heck of of them. The only thing that bothers me is that FS review a few weeks past. Here they uses custom time demos for Q3 and SS. What they found is that the nV cards scored about the same as the ATI cards across their demos. But if you ran the stock demos NV scores were much higher. Not enough info to say its a cheat/bug/ect but very interesting none the less..