PDA

View Full Version : 280.26 Problems Acknowledged by nVidia

Peoples-Agent
09-10-11, 06:26 AM
If you go through official channels rather than just moan on forums, it is worthwhile.

Hello,

Thank you for your bug submission. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. This issue is likely related to a few reports of stability issue we are currently investigating with the 280.xx driver. The symptom is random and started with the 280.xx drivers. We have been able to isolate this to some possible driver change introduced to the 280.xx driver and those have been fixed. My suggestion is to use the 275.xx driver for now and wait for the up-coming 285.xx driver. The fact that the problem does not occur with the 275.33 driver suggest it's likely the same stability issue. The 285.xx driver has a fix for the stability issue and that should help with the problem. We are targeting 285 release before the end of this month but beta should be sooner. Please check back in our beta driver section in about 1-2 weeks for the 285.xx beta here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us. If all goes well the beta should be posted by then if not sooner.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

Shatmusket
09-10-11, 10:03 AM
Not to be a wise-ass, but can you link the thread so we can see the problem?

grey_1
09-10-11, 10:39 AM
Good to see - that was getting pretty frustrating.

Flying_Elbow
09-10-11, 11:36 AM
Yeah, having the 280.xx drivers crash and recover while I was typing in a search at google... muxing a bluray into an .mkv... playing WoW... and no, not all at the same time, these are all separate instances, kinda led me to believe that the 280.xx drivers are crap. Especially when I have none of these probelms with earlier drivers, and haven't had a single problem since going back to earlier drivers. I'm using an EVGA 460 GTX.

Peoples-Agent
09-11-11, 06:25 AM
Not to be a wise-ass, but can you link the thread so we can see the problem?

Sure, here's the thread. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=207666

I usually submit bug reports and what not direct to avoid getting into pissing contests with nvidia fanboys who blame everything except the obvious.

Shatmusket
09-11-11, 01:12 PM
Thank you, I had that problem (pre 2xx.xx) and it was due to a faulty hard drive, believe it or not. It was very difficult to pinpoint. Definitely a very frustrating issue to say the least.