PDA

View Full Version : Views on Desert Combat 0.39

vampireuk
08-18-03, 02:57 AM
This is all I have to say, boooo!!!

The game has been forced into a land only affair with the chopper having its power taken away from it. And general changes that make playing as the opposition even more irritating. I hate this mod now:(

CaptNKILL
08-18-03, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
This is all I have to say, boooo!!!

The game has been forced into a land only affair with the chopper having its power taken away from it. And general changes that make playing as the opposition even more irritating. I hate this mod now:(

I like the new version. The choppers were too powerfull before. 3 stingers to take one down is just wrong. And they could kill anything anywhere with a decent pilot flying. At least now they actually require some skill to run the whole game :p

Has anyone used the new buggy? That thing is sweet! Its the only vehicle Iv found in the game that isnt made out of TNT! You can actually jump it and land on the wheels and it doesnt blow up! I wish they would do this with all of the vehicles (as well as people... sliding 30 feet down a hill shouldnt be fatal). I was in a hum vee and I jumped about 5 feet off the ground, landed on the rear wheels and when the front wheels hit the ground I blew up, killing 3 passengers inside.... I honestly think whoever said "Lets make the vehicles out of aluminum foil and line them with high explosives!" needs to be punched squarely in the face. :mad:

vampireuk
08-18-03, 11:31 AM
I'm a pretty good pilot with the choppers but I find it really irritating that they have removed the strength from them. The whole point about attack choppers is that they dominate the area they are in. I've noticed a lot of people saying those complaining about the choppers now have no skill. I put it to them that they have no skill and have no idea what Battlefield is about, fricking team play. That's why you have different classes of units and AA guns. You patrol in a big group and if a chopper turned up it gets downed nearly instantly. Of course these poor poor people who can't play worth crap moaned about the fact that they cannot play as a team.

GAAAAAAAARGH!!!!:mad:

So yeah I'm not really playing this anymore.

Edge
08-19-03, 03:01 PM
Bah, the choppers were by far the best part about the DC mod. I think they were balenced just fine, they took a while to get used to flying, and even longer to get good at, so if you can fly those things really well you deserved to own. But rather then changing all this crap with armor and missile damage and stuff, why don't they just come up with a damn lock-on system? Who in the hell fights in modern day combat with dumb-fire rockets?!? If you could lock on to Choppers with missile launchers and jets and keep the old stats for them, then I think it would be just fine. Then there'd actually be a reason to patrol with jets.

vampireuk
08-19-03, 03:37 PM
Yeah the jets are useless for the most part, you can take down a chopper if you line yourself up and slow down to shoot. But a lock-on system would be nice to even it out.