PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Hardware speaks out on nVidia optimizations!

digitalwanderer
08-18-03, 02:12 PM
I posted it up over here at Elite Bastards (http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19958#19958), or you could just go directly to the article at Tom's Hardware (http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030818/index.html). :)

ragejg
08-18-03, 02:25 PM
Quoting the article:

"Only one question remains unanswered: What about the possibility of using unoptimized and real filtering? NVIDIA should react to users' demands by integrating the corresponding option into the driver. And they should do this, if possible, through a global quality setting through which the optimizations can also be completely unselected. This could prevent conflicts with the settings that can be made with the applications, thus also allowing maximum quality in games that don't have settings for filtering."

...knowing the amount of scrutiny which will be placed on them for an article of this nature, I do feel that they made a few poignant statements, surpisingly enough... including the one above....

This isn't a "kudos" or "raspberries" from me... it's more like a "yep... still waitin for 50.XX and an improvement in the nvidia/hardware community relationship as a whole"...

StealthHawk
08-18-03, 08:20 PM
So, we finally have definitive proof that Application in UT2003 is not using the application's settings in the official 45.23 driver :rofl Why in the world would they add it back in if it doesn't work.

digitalwanderer
08-18-03, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Why in the world would they add it back in if it doesn't work.
Oh, probably just to make all the folks whining about it all happy... ;)

volt
08-19-03, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
So, we finally have definitive proof that Application in UT2003 is not using the application's settings in the official 45.23 driver :rofl Why in the world would they add it back in if it doesn't work.

Additionaly, look at the NVIDIA Media Center:

Right Click on NVIDIA Media Center --> Performance & Quality Settings --> Anisotropic Filtering --> Off

It should say Application

It could be that they just renamed "Off" to "Application" in the control panel :rolleyes: