PDA

View Full Version : EA's New User Agreement Bans Lawsuits

regeneration
09-23-11, 09:23 PM
Electronic Arts has updated its Terms of Service Agreement for the Origin platform. Following Sony's steps, and taking it even further, EA has added a new clause that prevents users from suing them in both class action and jury trial forms. Or in other words, in a scummy move - EA wants you to give up your civil rights.

Read more: http://www.ngohq.com/news/20584-eas-new-user-agreement-bans-lawsuits.html

Greedo
09-23-11, 10:54 PM
slightly better than the one that signs your soul over to satan. :lol:

regeneration
09-23-11, 11:57 PM

LOL

grey_1
09-24-11, 09:05 AM

inorite? :lol:

And yet people will support EA by agreeing to it in mass numbers.

bob saget
09-24-11, 11:22 AM
inorite? :lol:

And yet people will support EA by agreeing to it in mass numbers.

Because people want to play BF3. They are not agreeing to it out of the goodness of their hearts :lol: Are you not buying BF3?

Redeemed
09-24-11, 11:36 AM
Because people want to play BF3. They are not agreeing to it out of the goodness of their hearts :lol: Are you not buying BF3?

Well I'm considering cancelling my BF3 pre-order now. But I've already bought Crysis 2 and DeadSpace 2 through Origin so not sure it'd matter if I cancelled BF3 or not.

I'm convinced that if EA pulls crap like this there just handing the victory over to Valve and Steam. :)

bob saget
09-24-11, 11:41 AM
Well I'm considering cancelling my BF3 pre-order now. But I've already bought Crysis 2 and DeadSpace 2 through Origin so not sure it'd matter if I cancelled BF3 or not.

I'm convinced that if EA pulls crap like this there just handing the victory over to Valve and Steam. :)

http://blackandteal.com/files/2011/05/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-12453844351.jpg

comon dude, were you really planning to sue EA? :lol: you know that steam technically owns all your games? so they could go offline tomorrow and you will lose everything, and nothing you can do about it.

Redeemed
09-24-11, 11:43 AM
http://blackandteal.com/files/2011/05/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-12453844351.jpg

comon dude, were you really planning to sue EA? :lol: you know that steam technically owns all your games? so they could go offline tomorrow and you will lose everything, and nothing you can do about it.

If they try to shaft me heck yeah I'd sue them. You wouldn't? No- you're just a good consumer that'll take it no matter how the corporations want to give it to you. :lol:

It's the principle Bob. :)

bob saget
09-24-11, 11:53 AM
If they try to shaft me heck yeah I'd sue them. You wouldn't? No- you're just a good consumer that'll take it no matter how the corporations want to give it to you. :lol:

It's the principle Bob. :)

Leave me alone :cry: I just wanna play the ****ing video game :(

:lol:

Redeemed
09-24-11, 11:55 AM
:lol:

grey_1
09-24-11, 12:48 PM

Nope. Not because it's an EA title either, just not interested.

bob saget
09-24-11, 12:55 PM
Nope. Not because it's an EA title either, just not interested.

fair enough, guerrilla.

Johnny C
09-24-11, 01:07 PM
Someone should start a class action against EA for the EULA they're implementing.

I love living in Canada where you can never ever agree to give up any of your rights under the law.

MikeC
09-24-11, 02:18 PM
EA clearly needs $ and are pulling the same tactics as Microsoft in regards to software licenses.

They cannot do this.

MikeC
09-24-11, 02:20 PM
Hello,

I've legally installed a single retail purchased copy of Windows on multiple personal computers at my home.

Microsoft cannot do anything about it.

Regards,
MikeC

grey_1
09-24-11, 02:34 PM
Someone should start a class action against EA for the EULA they're implementing.

I love living in Canada where you can never ever agree to give up any of your rights under the law.

It actually won't affect the individual much - small claims suits can still be filed.

MikeC
09-24-11, 03:01 PM
Hello,

I've legally installed a single retail purchased copy of Windows on multiple personal computers at my home.

Microsoft cannot do anything about it.

Regards,
MikeCThe problem with consumers in the United States is that thay talk too much, think everyone owes them something, and they rarely listen to others.