PDA

View Full Version : Strange tearing issues with some 2d graphics

SkyFire360
09-25-11, 10:40 PM
Hey all

I've got some strange tearing issues with some 2d images being displayed and it's driving me nuts:

http://i.imgur.com/qKwZC.png

Check out the aliasing on the icons outlined in red.

It happens only on certain 2d images, but shows up in many places: the cursor in DX:HR, some installshield images, and even while watching movies in media players (though, strangely, switching to OpenGL renderers almost always fixes it). I'm guessing it has to do with certain image formats like PNG or TIFF or JPG images being displayed in DirectX, but I haven't been able to track it down.

It's barely noticable, but enough to drive me up a wall. This can't be a problem unique to me, so I figure I'd ask you guys.

Setup:
GeForce 580m
DX11
Latest drivers (280+, whatever the latest revision is as of yesterday)
Windows 7 64-bit
Resolution: 1920x1200

Thoughts?

Peoples-Agent
10-02-11, 03:11 AM
That's because you have a custom DPI resolution set, return it to defaults and the icons will correct themselves.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display > On the left menu > Set custom DPI .....return to defaults.

Polosoft
11-03-11, 10:36 AM
That's because you have a custom DPI resolution set,find & remove junk files duplicated files return it to defaults and the icons will correct themselves.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display > On the left menu > Set custom DPI .....return to defaults.

How to set resolution of my lenovo laptop writing dpi-aware win32 applications ryan haveson ken sykes microsoft corporation september 2008 applies to: windows xp windows vista summary: explains how to. Banner printing equipment create your own custom rubber ink stamps for business or personal use your signature, your photo, your design, you create your own custom stamp quick, easy and. Light-flare photo galleries, scanning and restoration services quick jumps click on the link you are interested in below jump to: waterfront studio 550 s f condo for sale jump to: waterfront corner 3/3 1,550 s f condo. Writing dpi-aware win32 applications photo galleries (select at left) the galleries at left feature a variety of original landscape and wildlife photographs, primarily taken around the beautiful state of.