PDA

View Full Version : MY GeFORCE4 MX440 WONT WORK!!!!!!!!

Liquidsnake
08-19-03, 03:41 PM
I have a GeForce4 MX 440 graphics card and directX 9.I re-intalled DirectX 9 and the Nvidia drivers 10 times.I have tried formating the hard disk 3 times:eek:.when I put on any games(Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness,GTA vice city,Need For Speed hot persuit) it does not work a blank screen just comes, but the sound comes.I tried the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and did the direct 3D and direct draw tests and only the direct draw worked these are the results:

DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

I have already tried Microsoft Bootvis and I did not know how to use it:confused:.I have done all the windows updates.If you can help me PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I have got:
A ECS Mainboard(chipset:VIA P4X333)
Pentium 4 (1.8Ghz)
Geforce 4 MX 440se
DVD drive
120gb hard disk
Built in sound

yoladude
08-19-03, 06:34 PM
try flashing the newest bios for your mobo, and install the latest drivers for your mobo. if that doesn't fix it, return the card to whever you bought it, and see if the replacement will work. if it doesn't, it's a compatibility problem with the card, and i'd get whole nother card.

Liquidsnake
08-20-03, 03:00 AM
I dont think the man who I bought the graphics card from will lett me return it I'v had it for a year now.

Liquidsnake
08-20-03, 03:36 PM
I found how to do it in another forum it said to get a update for the motherboard.I did it and tried the direct 3d test and the 3d box went round a bit then the whole computer froze and whenever i do any direct 3d thing now it goes a bit further then freezes and i have to restart the computer

Liquidsnake
08-21-03, 07:53 AM
:mad:WILL SOME1 PLEASE HELP ME IM SICK OF NOT PLAYING GAMES!!!!!!!:mad::
I WANT 2 PLAY A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ady
08-22-03, 02:04 AM
You should see this as a good thing. Throw it in the bin, then go buy a good card.

Liquidsnake
08-23-03, 08:22 AM
:( BUT I DONT WANNA:eek:

dirtydog
08-23-03, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Liquidsnake
I dont think the man who I bought the graphics card from will lett me return it I'v had it for a year now.

Have you had it a year but only just got around to installing it? ie. has it been working up till now? :confused:

Deathlike2
08-23-03, 10:51 PM
One thing you mentioned was a VIA mobo...

Get the latest VIA drivers (it is rather important you get them)..

http://www.viaarena.com

You have not mentioned what OS you use however...

BlueScreen
08-24-03, 11:57 AM
then the whole computer froze and whenever i do any direct 3d thing now it goes a bit further then freezes and i have to restart the computer

i had the same problem with my 2mx on my VIA mobo. the only solution was to go in the bios, set the agp at 1x and voila! i think that the newer via driver correct this problem so you can let it a 4x.
good luck

Grechie
08-25-03, 07:42 AM
hmmm man u sed uve had it for a year, have u just recently installed it now??or did it work until now, try taking out the card and either try a new card or reseat it in the AGP port and make sure it clicks...my friend had the same problem with his voodoo Banshe on his Windows XP Celeron computerm takign it out and reseating it did the trick :)

Good Luck....