PDA

View Full Version : Should I exchange my old EVGA 5900 Ultra for a new model numbered EVGA 5900 Ultra?

ishak540m
08-19-03, 08:03 PM
I have the option to get a new EVGA 5900 Ultra (new model number) from where I had bought the computer. Should I exchange my old EVGA 5900 Ultra for the new or wait to see if Nvidia can figure out the root of the flickering. If it's AGP8X related then it would be the same on either card, right?

FredGSanford
08-19-03, 09:16 PM
Exchanging it wont do anything... I allready did... for the 5900Ultra people they do cross shipping next day air so I figured it wouldnt hurt or I wouldn't have to wait (I move around allot)... It was teh same exact thing... not a new model at all... but of course they told me it was a new revision with a new biso... was not the case :(

ishak540m
08-20-03, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by FredGSanford
Exchanging it wont do anything... I allready did... for the 5900Ultra people they do cross shipping next day air so I figured it wouldnt hurt or I wouldn't have to wait (I move around allot)... It was teh same exact thing... not a new model at all... but of course they told me it was a new revision with a new biso... was not the case :(

The company I'm getting it from actually does have a new model number for the card. It probably doesn't mean they remodeled the card at all though.

Jeffus
08-20-03, 02:30 AM
If MSI or other GFX card munufacturers have re-modelled their cards, they should post a note so existing (old Model) owners. Saying that if they return their cards they'll be replaced with the newer model!! (Noise free, flicker free etc...)

FredGSanford
08-20-03, 08:48 AM
I would have thought nvidia would have let the info out about the flicker free fix in the baord (assuming it is). Only hurts them more if they don't say a thing about it. I will be very weary about buying a future board wondering if this will happen to me again. But if I knew the issue was addressed and was able to trade my board in for a new model.

Edit:

BTW: eVGA said they have one model of the 5900 Ultra which is the same I have.

NKVD
08-20-03, 03:12 PM
No wonder, if Nvidia let everybody know about flickering, their stock will fell down considerably...........

ishak540m
08-20-03, 09:27 PM
So the idea is to just wait it out and see if Nvidia comes back with some solutions/info about it?

FredGSanford
08-20-03, 10:41 PM
thats pretty much all we can do... were not really given any options here... I wonder if theres a Lemon Law for Hardware ;)

ishak540m
08-21-03, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by FredGSanford
thats pretty much all we can do... were not really given any options here... I wonder if theres a Lemon Law for Hardware ;)

HAHA!!!