PDA

View Full Version : Floppy checker?

RAY16
08-20-03, 05:15 AM
I'm probably going to flash my bios soon, but i want to make sure that everything goes perfectly. I've had too many problems in the past with floppies to just assume they will work fine, so i need some type of program that can verify that that data on the floppy is good and that the floppy is ready for use. Just a week ago I got a pack of brand new floppies because I wanted to store some small files without having to use my burner (which would be pretty pointless), but the floppies bad and when i tried to get my data it wouldn't work. If you know of a program that can check to see if floppies are good please tell me, i'd also like to know what you think the best brand of floppies is.

Malfunction
08-20-03, 08:27 PM
Ummm... kinda simple, just try to format them. If you can't... the are no good. Don't store them on top of the tv, monitor, vcr, power supply, speaker, etc. You want to keep them away from anything that is sensitive to magnatism.

If you can bootup with one after making a boot disc, then you know it is good. Try them on another system to make sure it isn't the floppy drive that is too dusty from non use.

Peace,

:cool:

RAY16
08-20-03, 09:31 PM
Oh...

/me feels like an idiot... O_o

Malfunction
08-20-03, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RAY16
Oh...

/me feels like an idiot... O_o

Baah... atleast you had the B@LLz to ask bud. No worries, better to learn something new everyday than not to. ;)

Peace,

:)