PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card

lee63
10-09-11, 05:10 AM
Can you guys recommend me a sound card, it doesn't have to be anything special as I only have a 2.0 speaker system (Creative Gigaworks t40)

I've always used on-board sound up until now but I would like to get the best out of my speakers. I was looking at this one. http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Xonar-Channel-Sound-Card/dp/B005DDLXF0/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1318155389&sr=8-24

Thanx in advance :afro:

Well...instead of waiting for everyone's feedback I went ahead and bought the one linked above, what you guys think, it was only $30 :headexplode:

bacon12
10-09-11, 11:17 AM
I have two xonars. Great cards.

lee63
10-09-11, 12:13 PM
I have two xonars. Great cards.

Right on, glad I made the right choice.

crainger
10-09-11, 02:57 PM
I've heard good things about the DG despite the low price. If I were still using speakers I would have gotten one.
I recently went through all this when my Forte died. I wanted one with a headphone amp and upgradable OPAMS, not much choice, the X-Fi didn't have an amp (despite saying it supported cans upto 350ish ohms), there were the Essense cards, but they are pretty pricey and Dolby Headphone is kinda ordinary in games) so that left the Rev2 Forte (or another card plus standalone amp), so I hope they fixed the flawed hardware in the Rev1. It's a great card though. Creative implemented the A3D research well in the CMSS3D Headphone stuff. It really does sound like 7.1 speakers around you. ::):

On a side note. If you have a Rev1 Forte under warranty, pray it dies now and not later. The trend is they will die roughly one year after purchase. Conspiracy theories aside, it's not a case of if, but when. Auzen really dropped the ball on that one. I gave them one last chance with the Rev2 card, especially since it was much cheaper.

lee63
10-09-11, 03:09 PM
I've heard good things about the DG despite the low price. If I were still using speakers I would have gotten one.
I recently went through all this when my Forte died. I wanted one with a headphone amp and upgradable OPAMS, not much choice, the X-Fi didn't have an amp (despite saying it supported cans upto 350ish ohms), there were the Essense cards, but they are pretty pricey and Dolby Headphone is kinda ordinary in games) so that left the Rev2 Forte (or another card plus standalone amp), so I hope they fixed the flawed hardware in the Rev1. It's a great card though. Creative implemented the A3D research well in the CMSS3D Headphone stuff. It really does sound like 7.1 speakers around you. ::):

On a side note. If you have a Rev1 Forte under warranty, pray it dies now and not later. The trend is they will die roughly one year after purchase. Conspiracy theories aside, it's not a case of if, but when. Auzen really dropped the ball on that one. I gave them one last chance with the Rev2 card, especially since it was much cheaper.Yeah the amp was a big selling point for me, just need to get some decent headphones now.