PDA

View Full Version : Medal Of Honor, 5900U and Alt Fog Type?

FredGSanford
08-20-03, 03:00 PM
I seen somewhere that someone said something about changing the fog type in medal of honor... Anyone know how to do this..? This fog is driving me crazy... I can't see people at around 40 feet (maybe 50)... there all just fog shadows. Not to mention 1/2 of everything being solid grey fog... looks odd see-ing windows and other objects before the actual buildings.

WarheadMM
08-21-03, 12:04 AM
i have the same problem....i cant use my rifle at long range anymore cause people blend into the background

ATI_Dude
08-23-03, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by FredGSanford
I seen somewhere that someone said something about changing the fog type in medal of honor... Anyone know how to do this..? This fog is driving me crazy... I can't see people at around 40 feet (maybe 50)... there all just fog shadows. Not to mention 1/2 of everything being solid grey fog... looks odd see-ing windows and other objects before the actual buildings.

Open the MoH config and look for:

seta r_nv_fogdist_mode "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV"
seta r_ext_NV_fog_dist "1"

This activates nVidia GL distance fog extensions in Return to Caste Wolfenstein, perhaps it works for MoH as well.

FredGSanford
08-23-03, 11:18 AM
ATI_Dude>

Thanks for that tip.. I'll try that as well as what I did below which helped a little also.

I found a BIOS Update for my board (a Beta Bios)... I tried it and it seemed to have cleared up some of the fog for me... I still get a random flicker of fog on some walls that I never seen before but at least now its somewhat playable all but for the Flickering issue.

The Board that's in this system that I play MOH on:

Asus P4PE-BP BIOS Rev: 1007 Beta 1

I hope they plan on releasing more fix's for this type of problem.... Wish nvidia would just say something rather then acknowledging the problem then vanish. I would e-mail ASUS to ask them if all there current BIOS's are to fix these problems but they still have yet to answer my last 2 issues (many e-mails sent) in the past year or more.

WarheadMM
08-24-03, 12:23 AM
where is the MOH config file???

Phyre
08-24-03, 01:55 AM
...\MOHAA\main\configs

Phyre

WarheadMM
08-24-03, 12:25 PM
the only config file there is config.csv

FredGSanford
08-24-03, 01:14 PM
if you have Spearhead installed go into the Mainta folder and edit the newconfig.cfg file. This didn't do anything for me but I did try the other command line (search for medal of honor alt fog in search engines... can't remember what the command was but it didn't do anything for me ether).

I attached a few pics to show people the problem... People beyond that fog basically have a BIG Advantage against me because they can gun me down wit anything from a Pistol to and MG without me even see-ing anything. Now the funny part is that its random. Sometimes the fog is closer, sometimes further, and sometimes on textures and then next time around on a different texture. Tried this on a few different cards and never had this problem even once...

NOTE: I cut the chit chat out of the pics from people to protect the Mentally Insane... I mean Innocent ;) I Also added a ton of compression to the pics for a smaller download....

FredGSanford
08-24-03, 01:15 PM
Heres Another Shot, Once again I put it through allot of compression so it looks really spotty...