PDA

View Full Version : Another Monitor question (im getting worried:( )

Head_slinger
09-09-02, 02:41 PM
I need help selecting what size. I am really worried about getting a 19" about being too big for games etc.

Will it give me headaches, i really want one, but there is this thing in the back of my head saying "what if its too big and i cant use it". Will it just be a waste of money.

What i want to know is does anyone else get headaches from there 19" and would they recommend it to me, a hardcore gamer. Or would a 17" suit me better.

Philibob
09-09-02, 03:00 PM
19" shouldn't give you haedaches as long as you sit far enough away from the screen and have a high enough refresh rate.
Refresh rates can usually go higher the bigger the monitor anyway. If you have the money and you really want a 19" monitor, go with that. OR (as your a hardcore gamer) buy the 17" and start to save up for the 9700 or NV30 (If you haven't already got the 9700)

Head_slinger
09-09-02, 05:08 PM
How far would u think i should sit away from it, i mean sitting too far away isnt possible because of the mouse and keyboard.

at the moment i sit about an arm legnth away from the monitor. Closer when im playing games.

FastM
09-09-02, 05:31 PM
19inch moniters are awesome for gaming, just make sure you get a good one..

Ahem...Samsung 900NF.......Cough, Cough.

thcdru2k
09-09-02, 06:41 PM
i'm a hardcore gamer..19in is better than 17in, i dun understand why ur afraid from big monitors. you'll be fine, just get a good one.

Philibob
09-10-02, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Head_slinger
How far would u think i should sit away from it, i mean sitting too far away isnt possible because of the mouse and keyboard.

at the moment i sit about an arm legnth away from the monitor. Closer when im playing games.
What I meant is don't sit with your face touching the monitor. (Which is near enough what I do)

Head_slinger
09-10-02, 12:11 PM
thanx guys, i know what im getting

Samsung SM957DF

looks V.nice

Thanx again u have put my mind at rest :)