PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test

K007
10-23-11, 02:11 AM
elKxgsrJFhw

Surprised how well the GS2 handled...the front is bullet proof!

Dr.Nick
10-28-11, 02:47 PM
Gorilla glass is one of the best things to happen to phones in a long time. Its amazing what it can withstand

nekrosoft13
10-30-11, 01:55 AM
wow, look how cheaply constructed the iphone is

not suprised.

crainger
11-05-11, 11:44 PM
wow, look how cheaply constructed the iphone is

not suprised.

Not cheaply made, just a poor choice of materials for clumsy users. Having held most smartphones that have come out in recent years iPhone is always one of the best feeling, most solid phones along side Samsung. HTC however...

Airbrushkid
11-06-11, 01:29 AM
Let me drop your head from that height and lets see what happens. Be honest here if you don't take better care of your stuff then maybe you should have a these problems. I've never drop any of my phones or anything. It cost me money so I take better care of my stuff.

crainger
11-06-11, 02:58 AM
IMHO the biggest problem is scratching and Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof. ::(:

FastRedPonyCar
11-08-11, 01:23 PM
My wife just got an iphone 4. we literally ordered an otterbox the same day.

It's easy to say "well just don't drop the phone and this wont' happen" but it's much easier said than done and almost every one of my friends with an iphone and no case has some sort of damage or cracks in it.

I've got an otterbox for my HTC glacier and it's survived some truly horrific falls with only some minor scratches to the back hard plastic casing of the otterbox. The top/bottom/edges have the inner rubber sleeve of the otterbox protecting them and they're spotless.

Best $40 I ever spent for that.

My old mytouch 3G though was a TANK. No case or cover for it and it got dropped more times than I could count. Scratched up a bit but that phone took beating after beating and never once had a problem. Still have it as a backup.

crainger
11-08-11, 01:54 PM
Butterfingers.

I have Bodyguardz on my phone. They aren't take cheap, but last a long time, and make the phone 100% scratch proof. They offer no shock prevention, but they are so slim I can put the phone in a cheap puffy leather case for when I go hiking etc.