PDA

View Full Version : pls Critique this RIG at this PRICE

Noodles
10-24-11, 03:59 AM
PURPOSE : Video/Audio Editing/Recording and Gaming.

Product Name: CyberPower Z68 Configurator (NO MONITOR)
Price: $1,198.00

__________________________________________________ ____________________

*BASE_PRICE:[+665]

CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CAS:* Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window & Temperature Display [-5] (Black Color with Black Ring & Blue LED Fan)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Default case fans

FAN:Xion HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) [-3]

FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_VC1:FREE Just Cause 2 Game Coupon [+0]

FREEBIE_VC2:FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City [+0]

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MB_SRT:32 GB ADATA S596 Turbo Series SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 260MB/s Read & 60 MB/s Write [+73] (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+20] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX] MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) Intel Z68 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu, Intel SRT, OC Genie II, Winki 3 & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

MOUSE:XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:950 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply [+57]

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+246] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

XWNC1:Asus USB-N13 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter [+22]

_PRICE: (+1198)

SIDENOTE: I can add LIQUID COOLING for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE...
I just don't know if I'm interested in that... let me know if you think it's an absolute must, btu i'd rather not be bothered with having to refill liquid, and all that.

jcrox
10-24-11, 07:04 AM
1. Would need more info on the power supply. First thought... I wouldn't trust that one.

2. IMO those Apevia cases are junk

3. For about the same price from newegg:

EVGA GTX570
Corsair 800w PSU
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
MSI GD55 G3
i5-2500K
Logitech G500 mouse
DVD Burner
+ any number of cases and keyboards which IMO would be improvements

... and you still get the free Batman game with the GTX570

Noodles
10-24-11, 02:22 PM
^^ I already have a keyboard and mouse, there just isn't any option to remove them from the build and get any kind of rebate with cyberpowerpc.

For around the same price as that low budget 950w ps, I can get the Corsair 800w through cyberpower as well. (the incentive being the 3 year warranty, and near DIY prices). So if you guys think that the brand is significant for a powersupply I will do that, was just thinking having some headroom might be nice for the future if I want to double up on gpu's.

The incentive for me to get the 560 Ti is the 2 GIGS dedicated...
gtx570 1 gig going to be a severe improvement for my purposes do you think?

CASES - I'm looking for a case that is no frills. I want as little neon as possible, my rig is in my bedroom, and is often on OVERNIGHT and it's hard for me to sleep with bright blue neons making my room look like a nightclub, haha. That apevia case was only chosen because it was conservative. Any suggestions for a conservative, cost-effective case?

I appreciate the help!

jcrox
10-24-11, 06:29 PM
The thing to look at with the PSU is how many amps are on the 12v line. A 650w PSU with a total of 68a is far better than a 950w PSU with 36a.

Corsair definitely makes one of the better, if not the best, PSUs on the market.

As for the video card... there's a lot of factors that play into what's "best" for a person. The problem I have with a single 560 having 2GB of video memory is if you're playing a game that actually uses that much memory I don't think the GPU is going to be able to keep up.

The resolution you play at is also a big factor when choosing a card. At 1920x1200 a single standard GTX570 has served me well. I'm getting a 30" monitor soon though so I'm upgrading to 2x GTX570 2560MB cards to hopefully handle the 2560x1600 resolution.

Noodles
10-24-11, 06:36 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info, jcrox. Much appreciated

Noodles
10-24-11, 07:04 PM
the information on the amps I corraborated online, that'll be a big help, and a positive change. thanks much