PDA

View Full Version : Can't get nvidia surround working

Jon
10-27-11, 03:10 PM
Hi all. I have 3 monitors, all 3 are 1080p. 2 of the monitors are standard 60hz monitors, but the centre monitor is a 120hz monitor. I have the option to enabled surround in the nvidia drivers, but when I do, the left and right (60hz screens are fine) but the centre screen ... the picture only fills half of the screen (with huge black borders on the left and right).

The max resolution I can set is 3840x1024. I've tried to create a custom profile but it says 5760x1080 is not supported. The 120hz is using a dual dvi cable, the other 2 I've tried on hdmi and rgb (don't have 3 x dvi). I've also tried swapping the dual dvi for a standard dvi which didn't work either.

Anyone had this problem? I'm using 2x560s in SLI btw.

jcrox
10-27-11, 03:15 PM
set the middle monitor to 60hz

Jon
10-28-11, 09:38 AM
set the middle monitor to 60hz

I've tried setting all 3 monitors at 59hz, 60hz and 61hz before enabling surround (creating custom profiles if necessary).

But when I enabled surround, my max resolution is 3840x1024 @ 75hz. I wouldn't mind this so much if it wasn't for the picture on the middle monitor only filling a small square in the middle of the screen.

jcrox
10-28-11, 01:27 PM
I'm not exactly sure that you're going to be able to fix the issue. This is the first time that I've run into someone trying to use surround where all 3 monitors weren't identical specs wise... You might want to look at the system requirements on the nvidia site to see if it mentions anything regarding the monitors.

Jon
10-28-11, 03:21 PM
I'm not exactly sure that you're going to be able to fix the issue. This is the first time that I've run into someone trying to use surround where all 3 monitors weren't identical specs wise... You might want to look at the system requirements on the nvidia site to see if it mentions anything regarding the monitors.

Well, apparently for 2D surround I can use any mix of analogue and digital connections... but I've tried all combinations. All 3 monitors are 1920x1080 resolution... just I think that the 2x2D monitors are something stupid like 59.94hz and the 3D monitor can actually do 60hz. But I've really got no idea.

miahallen
10-31-11, 02:12 AM
Well, apparently for 2D surround I can use any mix of analogue and digital connections... but I've tried all combinations. All 3 monitors are 1920x1080 resolution... just I think that the 2x2D monitors are something stupid like 59.94hz and the 3D monitor can actually do 60hz. But I've really got no idea.

It doesn't look like it to me:
Supports any three digital or analog connectors
3D Vision LCDs requires three DVI connectors

I'd try it with three DVI connections and see if that works.