PDA

View Full Version : noise in 3d apps

MuZ0NaZ
08-21-03, 05:37 PM
hi,
i've recently got my abit siluro gf4ti4200, and noticed that in some places, espec. neverwinters nights(in some places with blue fog) ive got some slight noise. it doesnt appear in 2d, only in 3d :( downlockingto 275/455 only helped a little (ive added a fan on the other side of my gf to cool the ram chips, because they were very hot). is there a way to eliminate it? im using 44.67 drivers btw...
EDIT: it's running 275/513 stock...

Valias
08-22-03, 01:59 AM
u should here the noise of the 5900ultra cards when they crunch large open areas.
it almost sounds like its being tortured

MuZ0NaZ
08-23-03, 07:27 AM
oh well - ive found the cause of this - old aTuner didn't support 44.67, and the card runs just fine now.

ShadowKnyght
08-24-03, 02:29 AM
I wonder then if the driver itself may be causing some of the noise problems with the New ultra cards then??

SuLinUX
09-23-03, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Valias
u should here the noise of the 5900ultra cards when they crunch large open areas.

The 5900 Ultra is quite what are you talking about. :rolleyes:

Lfctony
09-24-03, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Valias

He is talking about visual noise, ie ARTIFACTS!

ShadowKnyght
09-26-03, 10:51 PM
no - there is actually a sound the card makes when you scroll with white in the back ground...

I have also noticed in some games like NOLF and Black thorn that the card can blur the screen - you get a sort of shimmer / vibration look to the edges... of text etc...

Also in black thorn the planning screen just blurs to the point where the colours bleed into each other - makes it not worth playing!
starting to regret the upgrade of the card!

Lfctony
09-27-03, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ShadowKnyght
no - there is actually a sound the card makes when you scroll with white in the back ground...

I have also noticed in some games like NOLF and Black thorn that the card can blur the screen - you get a sort of shimmer / vibration look to the edges... of text etc...

Also in black thorn the planning screen just blurs to the point where the colours bleed into each other - makes it not worth playing!
starting to regret the upgrade of the card!

Note that he says: "It doesn't appear in 2d". Its artifacts we are talking about.