PDA

View Full Version : Review of the 27-inch Asus VG278H 3D Vision-ready LCD Monitor

News
11-06-11, 08:30 PM
http://3dvision-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/asus-vg278h-monitor.jpg

Asus VG278H is just the second 27-inch 3D Vision-ready monitor that is going to be available on the market this month around the world, it is a model that we‚??ve been waiting for quite some time now and it is finally here. The previous 27-inch model compatible with Nvidia‚??s 3D Vision technology was released earlier this year and it was Acer HN274H (http://3dvision-blog.com/review-of-the-27-acer-hn274h-3d-vision-ready-lcd-monitor/) that I‚??ve also reviewed and liked a lot. So the Asus was not only a bit late, but also already has a good performing competitor on the market that it needs to beat in order to take the position of the best 3D Vision monitor on the market so far. But the Asus VG278H is up to a good start, it comes with integrated IR emitter and bundled with the new 3D Vision 2 glasses as well as with support for the new Nvidia 3D Lightboost technology that is promising a brighter image in stereo 3D mode. It also has HDMI 1.4a interface with support for stereoscopic 3D input with various other S3D-capable devices, but only frame packaged input. It seems that the company has also learned from some of their previous mistakes with the first 3D Vision-ready monitor they‚??ve had, the VG236H and the new 27-inch model is not with a glossy screen. So I started testing the monitor with very high expectations and it has managed to respond very well to most of them, but there were a few things that I was a bit disappointed with. Generally speaking however I really liked the performance and features that the 27-inch Asus VG278H 3D Vision-ready LCD monitor has, but let me get into more details starting with the official specifications‚?¶

Asus VG278H Monitor Specifications:

<blockquote>
Panel Size: 27‚?≥ (69 cm) Wide Screen 16:9, TN, LED backlight
Native Resolution: 1920√?1080 pixels
Pixel Pitch: 0.311 mm
Brightness (Max.): 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio (Max.): 50,000,000:1 (dynamic)
Viewing Angles (CR>=10): 170¬į H / 160¬į V
Response Time: 2 ms (GtG)
Video Inputs: Dual-link DVI-D, VGA, HDMI 1.4a
Power Consumption: 65W On,