PDA

View Full Version : Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Vanzagar
11-07-11, 07:17 PM
Hey we need a nice new official thread for this game... :captnkill:

c9eGtyqz4gY

Haven't been this excited about a new game in a looong time, placed my reservation at GameStop this morning... really hope it doesn't suck badly *knocks on wood*...

When you get the game please post your:
1. GPU
2. CPU
3. Playing resolution
4. Settings
5. FPS

Anyone seen any reviews yet? I see some game review sites got their copies last week...:p

Vanz

shilk
11-07-11, 08:48 PM
They're actually making higher resolution textures, larger rendering modes, tools (that's a given) and changing the UI for the PC release. I'm actually kind of excited. I did see the gameplay footage from the XBOX360 version all over YouTube, and I have to admit that everything about Skyrim that I had concerns over was pretty much squashed with that announcement. :)

Redeemed
11-07-11, 08:59 PM
I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say. :o :lol:

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit. :lol: :(

MUYA
11-07-11, 08:59 PM
Thread stickied. I am gonna buy it when it launches on steam. It may be the game that will take me away from AoC

crainger
11-07-11, 10:45 PM
I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say. :o :lol:

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit. :lol: :(

I hear Skyrims requirements are pretty easy going Deemed. The word is, if you can play Fallout 3 fine, you can play Skyrim fine. I tried to tell my sister that anyway, but she's dropping a couple k on a new system anyway. Guess who gets to build it however. ::(:

I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.

Vanzagar
11-07-11, 11:04 PM
I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.

Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule...:D ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night... ;)

ElL33t
11-07-11, 11:05 PM
Pre-ordered! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait

Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule...:D ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night... ;)
I just order take out and close the door.

Greedo
11-08-11, 12:34 AM
witcher 2

crainger
11-08-11, 12:43 AM

That's what I'm thinking. We've put them up in a seaside hotel down the road. My guess is they'll want to retire their early leaving me all night to rim the sky?

K007
11-08-11, 01:52 AM
lol @ video!

ArrowMk84
11-08-11, 08:21 AM
Skyrim supposedly unlocks Thursday on Steam: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62857/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Goes-Gold

I'm really looking forward to this.

Maverick123w
11-08-11, 09:11 AM
witcher 2 isn't in the same league

FixeDD

Maverick123w
11-08-11, 09:13 AM
I'm soooo looking forward to this game. I played oblivion in one fashion or another for over 2 years. I'm hoping I can get the same sort of enjoyment out of Skyrim. Now I just gotta find out if the gamestop I preordered at does midnight releases.

Madpistol
11-08-11, 09:16 AM
Got it preordered, even though I have no monies.

3 more days!!!

Vanzagar
11-08-11, 10:58 AM
witcher 2

Isn't Witcher one of those games that leads you along by the nostrils? I though I tried Witcher 1 at a friends house and found it really boring cause it was sooo scripted and felt like I was playing down a tunnel... some of the graphics were nice though... is Witcher 2 free roaming or scripted tunnel play?

ElderDruid
11-08-11, 11:27 AM
New video to whet your appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0N294NFy0&feature=feedu

mojoman0
11-08-11, 11:29 AM
? witcher 1 was free roam

Roliath
11-08-11, 12:17 PM
Being a steamworks title kinda pisses me off, since I can never get offline steam to work. And its an SP game. Hmm.

|MaguS|
11-08-11, 12:18 PM
? witcher 1 was free roam

No...

Redeemed
11-08-11, 12:42 PM
I hear Skyrims requirements are pretty easy going Deemed. The word is, if you can play Fallout 3 fine, you can play Skyrim fine. I tried to tell my sister that anyway, but she's dropping a couple k on a new system anyway. Guess who gets to build it however. ::(:

That's what I've heard as well! Odds are it'd run fairly well, maybe even maxed, just without any AA which I could temporarily live with.

However, I just looked over my bank account and... as much as I want to I just can't see it logical to spend $60 on a game, even a game as awesome as this. Filling up the propane tanks this thursday which will likely cost $100+, gonna' make a $200 payment on the credit card (trying hard once again to pay it off completely), gotta' pick up a couple of snow tires and get them studded soon which willl likely be another $200+, gotta' have the brakes done on my car (likely including rotor work) and really don't know what that'll put me out but am expecting again $200+... already I've amost reached my monthly income just there. :p :lol:

Yeah, gonna' have to wait on Skyrim unfortunatley. Besides, I'm really looking forward to upgrading my rig and prioritize that over any video games right now. Way I see it it'll be $60 for a while and who knows, maybe if I wait till after all my upgrades are done I'll get a good sale on it. Kind of a win-win for me- I surprisingly have nothing against $60 for this game so getting it even cheaper is just an added bonus, my HW will be far more than addequate to play this game in all it's absolute glory even with AA at my monitor's native resolution, and likely all the patches will be out by then allowing for a mostly bug-free first-play through experience.

Gonna' be honest though, there are times I hate having "priorities". :lol: :o

Vanzagar
11-08-11, 01:05 PM
New video to whet your appetite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0N294NFy0&feature=feedu

I have to sign in to view it? :thumbdwn:

crainger
11-08-11, 01:05 PM
Too much real life for internet 'Deemed. Though you should aim to buy it full price. Don't wait too long, Bethesda will be pretty strapped for cash till you pick the game up.

crainger
11-08-11, 01:06 PM
I have to sign in to view it? :thumbdwn:

No, a copy and paste fail unless you are already signed in.

fn0N294NFy0

Vanzagar
11-08-11, 01:11 PM
zzVReasooII

Sean_W
11-08-11, 01:19 PM
That trailer looks to have higher resolution textures and it actually looks like the PC version.