PDA

View Full Version : MW3 Graphics

v3rninater
11-08-11, 02:30 AM
HAhahahahahahhHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahha

Okay,

I think some of us knew this was going to happen, but does anyone else get the sense that they took the doom 3 graphics engine and used it to make MW3??

yz5LVk97Qxo

HRMMMmmmm not like they done that before, ya know, used an older game engine to make a sequel?

Lets compare...just ignore the annoying "english" sounding fella...

nvmN_qpeFLU&ob=av3n

Oh btw, try and knock down a tree in MW3...GL!

MaXThReAT
11-08-11, 02:51 AM
Yup, looks like 4 year old graphics and I'm sure my four year old graphics card will tear through this piece of **** like it is doom3....Not that I wish to imply I would even spend a cent on another Call of Dookie. All the effort in the world would have gone to waist if I did.

Ninja Prime
11-08-11, 03:16 AM
OWL OH OWL!!!111oneone L33T D00Dz!!! LEIK ME D0NT PLAYS MW3 CUZ WE R BAD D00DZ! I M R T00 SMRAT T0 PLAYZ MW3!!111oneoneeleven!

crainger
11-08-11, 03:28 AM
Yup, looks like 4 year old graphics and I'm sure my four year old graphics card will tear through this piece of **** like it is doom3....Not that I wish to imply I would even spend a cent on another Call of Dookie. All the effort in the world would have gone to waist if I did.

Please tell me you weren't one of the guys who complained Crysis was too system hungry and poorly coded.

Rummy
11-08-11, 07:59 AM
another cry baby thread how awesome.

mailman2
11-08-11, 08:10 AM
Well there is a problem with the game, the resolution is 1024x768 and choosing any resolution higher just stretches it.

Post some screen shots of the console-like action! Vids are blocked at work :(

They need to fix it, my guess it with 3 console focused studios working on the game, not one of them will be able to understand the PC code.

Rummy
11-08-11, 08:19 AM
He's not talking res he's talking graphics. Still a flaimbait thread.

Sean_W
11-08-11, 08:19 AM
Another game where the developers washed out the colour.

Sean_W
11-08-11, 08:31 AM
It's the thing to do because it makes the games more movie like. When will developers stop turning games into movies, FFS.

v3rninater
11-08-11, 10:05 AM
It's just funny how much of a sell out Cod has become, too bad, back in the day they were actually good games. Now it's just a cash cow, and how obvious it is...

ViN86
11-08-11, 10:39 AM
It's just funny how much of a sell out Cod has become, too bad, back in the day they were actually good games. Now it's just a cash cow, and how obvious it is...

It's the "Madden" of FPS games. People don't bitch when they release a Madden game every year and charge $60. The only updates in those are roster changes.

So why all the bitching over COD? :|

mailman2
11-08-11, 11:28 AM
It's the "Madden" of FPS games. People don't bitch when they release a Madden game every year and charge $60. The only updates in those are roster changes.

So why all the bitching over COD? :|

1. cause it's their moms money.

2. half these guys complaining didn't even buy MW3.

MaXThReAT
11-08-11, 11:57 AM
Please tell me you weren't one of the guys who complained Crysis was too system hungry and poorly coded.

Not at all crainger man. Crysis was one of the last games that actually pushed systems and made people want to upgrade. I'll be the first to tell people to lower their settings if a game is running slow because of hardware. GTAIV was a masterpiece and coded as such. I also commend Crytek for creating games that are forward looking, games that are meant to run their highest settings on next years hardware or the year after. That, is something too many people don't understand or don't like.

What I meant was this is the year 2011 and my graphics card is at least four years old now and it will still be able to run MW3 @ 2048x1536 4xaa 16af with everything maxed out. This is because the game, the engine and the textures are from 2007 made to run on hardware from 2007, i.e. consoles and four year old graphics cards, yes I said it.
Think about this, one of the most popular games ever made, COD, is still DX9...Why, why isn't it pushed? I would think with their millions and billions of dollars made they could at least go DX9-10 and add some soft particles, dynamic lights, maybe even some physics if they used some of their overhead when running on something like a 580GTX. Those things have so much power left it really not even funny. So much power the game can be rendered across three monitors essentially tripling the load.

Now, I have not seen the game in motion on my system yet so I am totally talking out of my ass but my past experience has guided me to this conclusion. COD2 was the last COD I enjoyed. COD4 had one level I liked, Death from above, that's it, I really didn't like the rest of the game. Black ops was laughable. I speak only of SP. MP IMO is one of the largest waists of time ever created. To me it's like playing the same level over and over and over and over, you can never finish and you can never really beat the MP. I indulge BF3 cuz it's BF3 but almost every other MP FPS is very dull to me. L4D I loved because it was very different MP from the standard.

I may still get MW3 provided I hear good things from my friends here and around. I really hope we can all maintain a level of respect and maturity here and are allowed to talk about these things...these facts. I swear to MikeC if this thread gets locked just because people are talking about a sensitive subjects I will not allow myself to come back here and be told what we can and cannot talk about.

crainger
11-08-11, 12:14 PM
Ok. I can understand where you are coming from. My mates tell though not to believe the vids. It's actually pretty decent in game. All the huge set prices are done in game. I can also understand why they didn't bump it up too much for PC. When you check those Steam surveys most people are running mid range pcs. They love their multiplayer and they pony up the 60 bucks no problems as its probably one of the only games they buy this year.
However I do think BF3 might have made Activision sit up and take notice. BF3 looks amazing and also runs great on older hardware. My guess is this is the last COD we see for a little while. Back to the drawing board. Probably waiting for next generation consoles. Shame as we have the hardware for it now…

Sean_W
11-08-11, 12:33 PM
Game devs are probably sick of consoles but because money talks, innovation and pushing PC hardware doesn't. CoD and BF3 are almost carbon copies of each other in single player and incremental gameplay improvements are just not worth the money. At least DICE didn't' churn out the same 2007, DX9 graphics engine purely to make money.

The only real innovators are the Indy game developers.

crainger
11-08-11, 12:39 PM
There is truth to that, but

You'd be surprised how many indie devs are indie devs just for the money. Make a cheap popular game then sell the company off to a huge publisher once the offers come in.

BioHazZarD
11-08-11, 04:20 PM
I read now that game will probably sell around 6milion copies within 24 hours so no **** they wont change a winning formula, its all in the higher of thoose in charge u think they will listen for the die hard gamers who arent a majority of everyone who plays ? lolz..

Viral
11-08-11, 07:38 PM
The game sells on consoles so there's no point changing the engine drastically until the next consoles come out. I still expect them to keep milking the cash cow with a new release every year just for a new 5hr cliche, super-scripted single player story and x and y gimmicky mp features. I'll pass.

Logical
11-08-11, 09:45 PM
Tonight i spent a good 5 hours on MW3 without getting bored, without taking a break and it felt more like 2 hours....I love BF3 too, but after a couple of hours on that, im bored...

six_storm
11-08-11, 09:46 PM
I read now that game will probably sell around 6milion copies within 24 hours so no **** they wont change a winning formula, its all in the higher of thoose in charge u think they will listen for the die hard gamers who arent a majority of everyone who plays ? lolz..

See, this is the ticket. Why fix what isn't broken? Why ruin a good game? Graphics alone are NOT what makes a game, there are many elements that go together to make the game what it is. It may be a 4 year old engine but it does the trick and runs extremely smooth on both consoles and older PCs. And let's not forget, the game is FUN, it's enjoyable, it's entertainment. Let's stop whining about the stuff that doesn't matter and start enjoying games like this.

Logical
11-08-11, 09:46 PM
Another bait thread that should have been closed 20 posts ago...oh well

Logical
11-08-11, 09:51 PM
I also love how these trolls think you can only have 1 game or the other, why not have both ? i do and i enjoy them both, they are very different in terms of gameplay. So what the engine is old now...and ? The formula still works, they are giving people what they want and these people will still buy it. CoD has never been a spectators game so stop looking at visuals and comparing them to a game that is ground breaking in them terms...The gameplay is as its always been...frikkin awesome...so live with it or gtfo....

rant over :)