PDA

View Full Version : Official Saints Row 3 Thread

mailman2
11-15-11, 06:50 AM
Game unlocked last night at 12am. Had a blast for about 20 mins before bed. Game has DX10/11, runs great with everything on Ultra. I'll have to post some screenshots later.

Reminds me more of Just Cause than SR2.

OMG I cant wait to get into this
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkgucy_saints-row-the-third-open-world-gameplay_videogames#rel-page-1

mojoman0
11-15-11, 12:16 PM
i dont know anything about these games

edit: video makes it look funny as hell. gta on crack

Sean_W
11-15-11, 12:31 PM
Looks hilarious. Hopefully it's a good port unlike SR2.

mailman2
11-15-11, 01:01 PM
This is nothing like SR2. Reviews are great for this game. many people that have tried it absolutely love it... some poor basterds ended up buying the wreck called NFS The Run (no graphic options, 30 fps hard cap, etc)... more fortunate people went with SR3 ;)

This isn't a shoddy port, this was developed side by side for PC, even has DX10/11 support.

Bladestorm
11-16-11, 10:01 PM
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the FOV?

jeffmd
11-16-11, 11:33 PM
I really had plans to check this game out as I am big on the gta4 type game play...

but then skyrim came out first... -_-

ryoohki
11-17-11, 10:10 AM
I bought it yesterday. Amazing game if you like the Over the top Look. It's the Michael Bay of Free Roaming games LOL. I'am not a Rap fan, but the music cue is awesome so far. LOL there's a freaking Death Metal Music Channel!! It's Hilarious!

arioch21
11-17-11, 10:17 AM
played the first couple of mission and its a lot of fun so far, and plays very smooth unlike sr2 did at launch. Using xbox controller for it not sure how well it works with mouse + keyb, cant wait to play some more later, between this and skyrim im getting my open world fix in. :p

Destroy
11-17-11, 01:11 PM
Just can't see spending $45 on this. Its too much like an expansion pack, plus ATI is having some frame rate issues I wish not to chance.

Bladestorm
11-18-11, 10:42 AM
Just can't see spending $45 on this. Its too much like an expansion pack

You're thinking of Modern Warfare 3, and it's $60 not $45. :D

SR3 is $40 on Amazon, and worth every penny. Just wish there was a way to adjust the FoV.

Sean_W
11-18-11, 03:39 PM
This is superb for the PC, much better than the console versions and well done.

LurkerLito
11-19-11, 09:59 AM
After watching some of the game play videos it looked like a fun game I would like to buy, but unfortunately, they lose cause I am so stuck on Skyrim. I have Batman AC on preorder also and that is being released Tuesday, so my game time is all spoken for.

Destroy
11-21-11, 11:47 AM
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the FOV?

Someone did today, yes.

Default FOV:
http://i.imgur.com/sFoAI.jpg

New FOV: New FOV:
http://i.imgur.com/0TtQb.jpg

Download the mod here - Download the mod here -
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21008943/saints+row+the+third+fov+mod.zip

Just unzip the .xtbl file into the same directory as saintsrowthethird.exe.

I've only done minimal testing on this, so things might be broken. In order to make this mod, I just used Gibbed mod tools to unpack the camera config file and increased all the default_fov values by about 50%.

MowTin
11-23-11, 01:26 PM
After watching some of the game play videos it looked like a fun game I would like to buy, but unfortunately, they lose cause I am so stuck on Skyrim. I have Batman AC on preorder also and that is being released Tuesday, so my game time is all spoken for.

Same here. Very interested but my plate is full.

mailman2
11-23-11, 02:40 PM
Patched today... supposed to be performance patch but no notes. Game running good maxed still.

crainger
12-13-11, 12:30 AM
Finished Skyrim, playing this now. Love it. So over the top, the graphics are surprisingly good. The city looks amazing, being set in a not too distant future lets the devs take a few liberalities in giant billboards, VTOLs etc. The guns also feel great, kinda strange the guns in a 3rd person sandbox game are more fun to shoot than those in CoD.

It's also a decent port. I have a few issues running with SSAO maxed. I have a smooth framerate, but my character jitters, turning down SSOA fixes this and to me, looks better than having it maxed. Having too much fun to really tweak it.

One thing that bugs me, the clothing, it's kinda hard to know what is mens lol. I spent a day running around in a cool jacket before my gf said it was a womens tshirt... crainger fail. ::(: Same thing happens in the game too. ::p:

and now here is robbaz with Big Barbara.

iZ-F2PbCBeI

crainger
12-19-11, 11:58 PM
Put a good 40hrs into this game. Awesome game, pretty funny. Very cool weapons and vehicles. Fav is the Remote control weapon and the hover bike.

Really easy to mod too. I got the dual wield perk, but decided it looked dumb with the silenced pistols, so I just edited a table file and it was back to single wield only, the other pistols were still dual wield. Rather happy with myself.

FastRedPonyCar
12-20-11, 10:24 AM
Can't wait to play. After reading a few reviews of SR3, it seems that it doesn't quite measure up with the cohesiveness of SR2. I got SR2 for the 360 off ebay for $15 :D

So I want to play through that before playing the 3rd which I'll get on pc.

I want SR3 though just to do this. *maybe kinda sorta NSFW?*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ft4O6OIQ7Hk