PDA

View Full Version : Official Batman Arkham City Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mike89
11-21-11, 09:06 PM
Looks like this game got bumped up a little. 10PM Pacific Time tonight.

Pennyboy
11-22-11, 04:28 AM
Looks like this game got bumped up a little. 10PM Pacific Time tonight.

Pretty annoyed, New Zealand's release date on Steam is 25th of Nov :( Why can't this be released the same time as North America!! I can't even preload the thing!!

Peoples-Agent
11-22-11, 06:32 AM
Already complaints. Turns out it's a shoddy port and unplayable with DX11 features.

Pre-order cancelled. Thank you America for your earlier release dates and testing.

BioHazZarD
11-22-11, 06:53 AM
Well look here it looks the same with dx11 or not..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448925&page=19

Peoples-Agent
11-22-11, 06:54 AM
I'm really pissed off. Greenmangaming have refused a refund, store credit or anything and the game isn't even out yet. They are on my **** list now.

six_storm
11-22-11, 07:07 AM
Already complaints. Turns out it's a shoddy port and unplayable with DX11 features.

Pre-order cancelled. Thank you America for your earlier release dates and testing.

Not trying to troll, but did you expect anything more than a port for PC? PC gamers got screwed again? Sorry to hear about that guys.

Bah!
11-22-11, 07:09 AM
Not trying to troll, but did you expect anything more than a port for PC? PC gamers got screwed again? Sorry to hear about that guys.

The first Batman was far superior on the PC, so expecting the same from the second game seems justified to me.

Peoples-Agent
11-22-11, 07:12 AM

I don't mind good ports, i'm happy with most of them tbh. Even happy with mouse acceleration and all that nastyness because i'm using a 360 pad for this one.

I used Arkham Asylum as the basis which is a fair judgement, no?

nVidia endorsed this game touting DX 11 features and to sell nVidia hardware, so unless they have a driver update in the pipeline this is a total sting.

People running 580 SLI and SB and can't even get 60 fps. lol

K007
11-22-11, 08:03 AM
maybe there is a day1 patch :/...

one can only hope..or they purposely screwed it over on purpose.

Crow_Nest
11-22-11, 08:07 AM
Damn totally forgot this game was coming out today! Been too busy with Skyrim. Gotta check out the stores tomorrow. Hopefully they sort things out with a patch.

six_storm
11-22-11, 08:43 AM
I don't mind good ports, i'm happy with most of them tbh. Even happy with mouse acceleration and all that nastyness because i'm using a 360 pad for this one.

I used Arkham Asylum as the basis which is a fair judgement, no?

nVidia endorsed this game touting DX 11 features and to sell nVidia hardware, so unless they have a driver update in the pipeline this is a total sting.

People running 580 SLI and SB and can't even get 60 fps. lol

Fair enough. I thought that AA was a pretty good looking game. I would say play it in DX9 and be happy, but then again I know everyone here is DX11 crazy. ;)

LurkerLito
11-22-11, 10:15 AM
D/Ling from GMG now. It started fast, now it's slow (<700kbps and falling) :(. At least steam is consistent at what speed you get usually. I wasn't too happy after reading some GMG reports on their return/refund policies after purchase of a preorder, but it still was the cheapest place I could get Batman AC so I knew I wouldn't be canceling the preorder. Though I won't preorder anything from them anymore unless I am sure about the game from now on.

mailman2
11-22-11, 10:19 AM
Has anyone here played it yet? Quite possibly the complaints are from some idiot with an outdated machine playing a pirated copy.... keep that in mind.... or an AMD GPU.

I plan on NOT using MSAA and using FXAA btw. Love free AA with the FXAA inject.

EDIT- looks like DX11 is to blame... have we ever seen a game where DX10/11 was better? God anything more than DX9 has been fail for so long... I just expect it now.

ryoohki
11-22-11, 12:04 PM
Weird i never had real trouble with DX10/11. I own most of them. There's clearly something wrong with batman tought.. but BF3, Crysis2, Metro etc.. run pretty well considering my system....

|MaguS|
11-22-11, 12:05 PM
D/Ling from GMG now. It started fast, now it's slow (<700kbps and falling) :(. At least steam is consistent at what speed you get usually. I wasn't too happy after reading some GMG reports on their return/refund policies after purchase of a preorder, but it still was the cheapest place I could get Batman AC so I knew I wouldn't be canceling the preorder. Though I won't preorder anything from them anymore unless I am sure about the game from now on.

Why are you downloading it through them, the game is steam based.

LurkerLito
11-22-11, 01:29 PM
The game is not steam based. Only those bought on Steam and from the Nvidia offer use steam. D2D, GmG, Gamersgate, Impulse, etc... doesn't use steam. The game uses Securom + GFWL in all versions, so the Steam version just adds another layer of DRM to those.

Capsule well sucks. It took forever! It had to assemble what it downloaded (an encrypted file) then it decrypted that to a zip file, then unzipped that, and installed. The install didn't place any icons in games, nor did it make any kind of start menu directory, but finally it is installed. DX11 is unplayable for me with an averaged 18fps. That really sucks IMHO considering how long they delayed this game for PC.

mailman2
11-22-11, 02:07 PM
YAY, for pushing the console agenda....

Force DX9 enjoy 60 FPS more.

|MaguS|
11-22-11, 02:10 PM
Thats interesting since its supports Steam Cloud and Steam Achievements, never seen a game that offers that but isn't steamworks.

Pennyboy
11-22-11, 02:41 PM
Oh dear, this isn't looking good :( Such a cool game and its getting ruined by poor performance, WTF is going on?
Has anyone here had a good play of the game with DX11 enabled? is it really unplayable? I'm starting to regret my pre-order :(

six_storm
11-22-11, 02:53 PM
YAY, for pushing the console agenda....

Force DX9 enjoy 60 FPS more.

I honestly don't see any difference between DX9 and DX11 screenies of this game. I don't see what the big fuss is about. If DX9 offers the same level of visuals as DX11 and gets double the performance, why not just play it that way?

mailman2
11-22-11, 03:08 PM
I honestly don't see any difference between DX9 and DX11 screenies of this game. I don't see what the big fuss is about. If DX9 offers the same level of visuals as DX11 and gets double the performance, why not just play it that way?

yea that doesn't bother me... why delay it though if they knew they were just going to screw it up?

LurkerLito
11-22-11, 03:42 PM
The steam cloud and steam achievements are only available on the steam version of the game. The ones that show up for me are just GFWL achievements.

If you liked AA you'll like AC. It's just more Batman fun :). I can't speak for your systems only my own. On my system, DX11 is unplayable even if I turn off AA. I have a higher tolerance to low FPS than most on this forum, it usually won't bother me as long as it can keep an average 24fps, but this one goes way below that threshold so I have to play in DX9.

So torn on what to play later. I want to play Batman, but Skyrim beckons :).

K007
11-22-11, 03:46 PM
Thats interesting since its supports Steam Cloud and Steam Achievements, never seen a game that offers that but isn't steamworks.

when u get a achievement unlock, it pops up one from steam and another from games for windows live ><

Mike89
11-22-11, 03:52 PM
I don't know why achievements are such a big thing for some. I could care less unless an achievement directly gets something in the game (like powers, ammo, guns, etc). Otherwise I'd rather just play the game without these popups telling me I did something I already knew.

Peoples-Agent
11-22-11, 03:53 PM
Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.